We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dont buy fron tripres.com

New York
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dont buy fron tripres.com

Beware of crooks.

I made a reservation online, it went through. Later a woman called, said that the hotel did not accept!!, so she offered another hotel for the same price, claiming that the second hotel is a 5 star while the first was a 4 star. I was fooled and accepted. When I found out the trick(in minutes) I called back to cancell. Response: "Reservation is already made and you have to pay. The wrong information we gave you has nothing to do with this, you are a lier."

Beware, don't waste your money and time with this company.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,567 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,034 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Toronto
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dont buy fron tripres.com

how do you know the 2nd hotel is not as good of a hotel?

they actually called you a liar?

they do have good rates online though, I was tempted

Detroit
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dont buy fron tripres.com

I used them once. It took them about 3 days to e-mail me that they could not guarantee the rate they'd advertised for the hotel. I canceled and got a credit on my card.

Apparently, they advertise a room rate the hotel has accepted in the past-- it doesn't mean you'll get it for when you want to stay.

They charge your card right away. If you don't get a confirmation number within a day or so, you know something is wrong.

I have heard from people that use them sucessfully, but it's a bit of a gamble-- no pun intended.

New York
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dont buy fron tripres.com

Hi passenger57

I don't really care if it is better or worse, What I care about is freedom of choice. I don't want someone else to choose for me, I would rather have the proper info and decide for myself.

Yes, she accused me of cancelling only because I found a better deal!!

4. Re: Dont buy fron tripres.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 June 2011, 00:35
Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dont buy fron tripres.com

From the Tripres terms of service statement (available from the front page of the website):

This order acknowledgement is not a contract and does not constitute an acceptance of your order, but only a record of your offer to purchase a particular item at a particular price. After you place an order, TripRes.com will determine whether or not to fill the order, and TripRes.com may refuse or limit your order for any reason. By placing your order, you agree to accept all terms and conditions set forth anywhere on this site, including TripRes.com's terms and conditions of sale. TripRes.com reserves the right to accept, refuse, or limit your order for any reason, including, but not limited to, credit review, the unavailability of a product or errors in the prices and product descriptions posted on this web site.

TripRes.com makes no warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall TripRes.com be liable to customer for any damages resulting from or related to any failure or delay of TripRes.com in providing the services indicated herein.

New York
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dont buy fron tripres.com

Blackjack Mark

I think this is all irrelevant, just as the dictation corrections. In any bussiness there is an element of trust.If one side tries to decieve the other, that person is a crook.

7. Re: Dont buy fron tripres.com

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 June 2011, 00:35
8. Re: Dont buy fron tripres.com

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2006, 23:36
Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Dont buy fron tripres.com

oohh....can't resist...what the heck:

It's DICTION, not dictation.

TEXAS
Level Contributor
376 posts