We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Rock Resort or Green Valley Ranch for a family w/ kids?

Toms River, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Red Rock Resort or Green Valley Ranch for a family w/ kids?

I'm trying to decide between Red Rock Resort and Green Valley Ranch for our trip to Vegas in July. We are traveling with my sister & family, that includes a 5-year old and 2-year old, so we want to stay off the strip. Both of these resorts seem wonderful....just can't choose between the two.

Which one would you recommend?

Thanks!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All American Helicopter...
6,717 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$494.95
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,102 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Deluxe Grand Canyon All American...
511 reviews
from US$426.99*
US$527.50
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Grand Canyon Skywalk...
403 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,183 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Rock Resort or Green Valley Ranch for a family w/ kids?

either is a great choice

GVR does has the adjacent shopping area The District which also has a few restaurants and bars and is closer to the Strip, (if you plan on doing anything on the strip), and airport.

las vegas
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Rock Resort or Green Valley Ranch for a family w/ kids?

Gvr has parks just across the street. So a little more kid friendly area.

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
194 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Rock Resort or Green Valley Ranch for a family w/ kids?

I would go to GVR with kids. the pool scene is very family friendly.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,536 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Rock Resort or Green Valley Ranch for a family w/ kids?

GVR for sure.

More to do in the area.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
15,288 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Red Rock Resort or Green Valley Ranch for a family w/ kids?

yes, what the others said.

scotland UK
Level Contributor
545 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Red Rock Resort or Green Valley Ranch for a family w/ kids?

Could I suggest having a look at Loews hotel at Lake Las Vegas, this is a wonderful hotel if you have kids, I've stayed there twice and my kids loved it. They ran a shuttle service to the strip when I was last there and it's not far from Lake Mead.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Red Rock Resort or Green Valley Ranch for a family w/ kids?

GVR! My children refuse to stay at Red Rock. RR really is marketing itself to be the party, adult hotel. Yes it has movies and bowling, but you will find a majority of the pool blocked off for adults only. There is bowling, but their market is adults with table service. The staff at times have been very rude to my children.

I say go with GVR. As has been said there is a beautiful park just across the street. And the Henderson Multi Gen pool with a super water slide and play area. The district has a merry go round and plenty of family dining choices. Plus the drive when you want to get to the Strip is faster..

Edited: 16 May 2011, 16:46
Brisbane , Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Red Rock Resort or Green Valley Ranch for a family w/ kids?

Having stayed at both I would definately choose Red Rock with children.It has a better pool area and in the words of an eleven year old "an awesome kids club" .To the best of my knowledge GVR does not have a kids club...Tom

Stafford, VA
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Red Rock Resort or Green Valley Ranch for a family w/ kids?

I have stayed at both, def pick Red Rock. Kids Club, movies, arcade, bowling, food court, great pool, hiking and bonnie springs so close. We have been staying there since they opened and everyone in the family loves it

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Red Rock Resort or Green Valley Ranch for a family w/ kids?

I'd actually go Red Rock too of the two. But both work. I give Red Rock the edge because you're so close to the Red Rock Canyon activities like hiking, horseback riding etc. I see a lot of kids at Red Rock, and yes with the theatre, bowling and food court, plus they do advertise a kid's club, so it is pretty kid friendly. Not so sure about the pool situation though, so the others' takes on that are worth considering.