We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Show tickets-can we wait til we get there?

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Show tickets-can we wait til we get there?

Hello, first time visit to Vegas coming up. We would like to see 2 shows but do not want to buy tickets til we get there..what are the chances of getting decent seats if we do not purchase in advance?

I realize the answer may depend on the popularity of the show. The 2 shows we would like to see ate Beatles LOVE and Jersey Boys. we will be there Sunday through Wednesday.

Mentioned in this post
Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,622 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,110 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
914 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Netherlands
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Show tickets-can we wait til we get there?

Depends how fussy you are over where you sit. Cheaper tickets "can" be had but theres an eliment of luck involved. Youve chosen probably 2 of the best shows in town so if you wanted to be 100% sure of good seats then buy in advance.

D

1700-10

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Show tickets-can we wait til we get there?

You should be able to pick up tickets at the discount booths for either on midweek nights. Just how good or otherwise the seats will be on any given date is impossible to predict.

Check out this offer for LOVE tickets. You're unlikely to find them cheaper anywhere.

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/specials/las-vegas/summer-2011/index.htm?utm_medium=internal-traffic&utm_source=cirquedusoleil-com&utm_campaign=050611^cdv^_summerofcirque&utm_content=text-link&utm_term=home-promo-box&icid=dvg_ict_cds_txt_tks_cdv_050611_summerofcirque_home-promo-box

Edited: 18 May 2011, 10:25
NC
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Show tickets-can we wait til we get there?

Remember too, that these are very popular shows, and while they may have seats available, they may be individual seats. You and members of your party may each have to sit seperately.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
44,434 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Show tickets-can we wait til we get there?

Another thing to consider is that the tickets that sell out in advance are the cheaper ones, especially for LOVE. So the ones left at the discount booths are the more expensive seats. So even with a discount you might pay more than if you had purchased in advance.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
12,297 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Show tickets-can we wait til we get there?

Also check to see which days of the week these shows are not playing. Sometimes they are dark for other days as well. I would think you should be able to get good tickets ahead of time for a reasonable price. This way, you will have the tickets, and you don't have to worry about settling or worse yet missing the shows when you get there.

london
Level Contributor
331 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Show tickets-can we wait til we get there?

Having seen Love for the 2nd time a few days ago, I would re-iterate the importance of sitting in the cheapest seat category. We paid $55 per ticket in the summer promotion - I would feel cheated if I paid close to $300 a ticket to sit in the front when you would miss half of what's going on.

We were in row DD in the very back section and it was perfect.

Definitely buy in advance, especially if you will be there over a weekend. The line just to collect tickets last Friday was huge.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Show tickets-can we wait til we get there?

I think your best bet is to buy in advance and take the summer promo for Love ( summer cirque promo)and the Jersey Boys discount tickets( thru Travel Zoo). Those 2 shows are great- the best in Vegas.

Mentioned in this post
pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Show tickets-can we wait til we get there?

Just a suggestion tho, don't book a show for your first night in Vegas. If your flight is delayed you'll be rushing.

Mentioned in this post
Manning, Canada
Level Contributor
114 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Show tickets-can we wait til we get there?

Thanks for the great advice about the "cheap seats" for Love, will be there in July and will book ahead....fantastic!

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Show tickets-can we wait til we get there?

Thanks for the tips...I really appreciate the LOVE seating advice, good to know!

I have checked the dark days . We will be there Sun-Wed. We will be driving in to Vegas as this will be the last few days of a 3 week road trip to California, so not too worried about that doing a show the first night. We are staying at the Palazzo and Grazie gives an free upgrade to front orchestra for Jersey Boys...may wait on that and book LOVE early.

Mentioned in this post
California
California
United States