We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valley of Fire wedding

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Valley of Fire wedding

I am looking at getting married in Valley of Fire in June 2012.

It seems the best company i have found that meets my needs is Scenic Las Vegas weddings.

Being British i dont know a great deal about VOF other than the pictures look amazing. Could any one please answer the following if possible.

What temperature will i be looking at for early June in VOF?

What is the difference between seven sisters and Rainbow Vista?

Is it worth paying the extra for a sunset wedding?

Also is it easy to get hair/ makeup done on the strip with only a days notice?

I know some of these questions probably make me sound a bit fussy but living so many miles away its hard not to worry over the smallest of things.

Any information would be great

thankyou Helen

Boston
Level Contributor
24,409 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valley of Fire wedding

" I am looking at getting married in Valley of Fire in June 2012.

Being British i dont know a great deal about VOF other than the pictures look amazing. Could any one please answer the following if possible."

" What temperature will i be looking at for early June in VOF?"

I will try to answer some of these.

No one can tell you what the weather is going to be like in 2012 but on average you can figure.

Avrage high temps in June 100 F (37.7 C)

Average low Temperature in June 70 F (20.5 C

" What is the difference between seven sisters and Rainbow Vista?"

Seven Sisters is a tourist site where seven sand stone pillars stand.

Rainbow is a photpgraphers dream of multicolored rocks which take in a vast area.

" Is it worth paying the extra for a sunset wedding?"

I cant tell you what to do, but IMO it would be a more beautiful time when the sun is setting and the rock formations and color schemes seem to change, so for me it would be more breath taking.

" Also is it easy to get hair/ makeup done on the strip with only a days notice?"

Yes, if your willing to pay.

milwaukee,wi
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Valley of Fire wedding

Was at my friends wedding 2 years ago at the valley of fire. He hired a company called "a special memory". They did a fantastic job and were very accomodating.

coventry uk
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valley of Fire wedding

we are getting married in VOF next april .......we went out there last year so that we were sure it was what we wanted ......it is truely amazing , definatley worth contacting a few companys to see what they can do for you

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valley of Fire wedding

We were there in early April and already it was far too hot for a wedding, I can tell you that! 90 degrees in the shade.

ontario
Level Contributor
61 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valley of Fire wedding

I got married there in July last year at sunset - it was very hot!!! I also used scenic las vegas weddings, they truley were awsome. Getting your hair done won't be a problem, just make a reservation in advance. I used the Glam Squad because of all the good reviews, and I would not recommend them. If you have any more questions or would like to see photos from the wedding, just let me know.

Also IMO it's worth paying extra for sunset, the pics are breathtaking. I chose the 7 sisters, I too went and looked around on a trip before the wedding and prefered the setting there. If you go on scenic las vegas weddings website u can look at pics taken at each of the different areas and chose for yourself.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Valley of Fire wedding

Why don't you recommend glam squad? I seem to hear conflicting reviews for them on here. I am think of using Kelly at smooth brides.

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valley of Fire wedding

What temperature will i be looking at for early June in VOF?

It would be OMG hot in June. Keep in mind also, there is no water or flush toilets at the Valley of Fire. Just porta-pottys.

What is the difference between seven sisters and Rainbow Vista?

Seven sister, in my opinion, was very underwhelming. Just a group of rocks. Yes they are big rocks, but I found it very underwhelming. Rainbow Vista (which we ALMOST skipped) is absolutely breathtaking. PM me and I will send you a few pics I took.

Is it worth paying the extra for a sunset wedding?

We were there at sunset. It was very pretty but it would depend on how much more they were asking. If it is a lot, then I would personally say no. Save the money and use it to hire a professional photographer-I was so glad I did. (I almost used my MIL-yikes).

Also is it easy to get hair/ makeup done on the strip with only a days notice?

Don't know this. I was married in Vegas and did my own.

8. Re: Valley of Fire wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 06:32