We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where Can You Buy Liquor Close To MGM

Harlan, Kentucky
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Where Can You Buy Liquor Close To MGM

Looking to stock up for pre gaming before the clubs/bars haha

does the mini fridge have enough room to store liquor or are you even allowed to use it for storage? thanks!

Indy
Level Contributor
172 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where Can You Buy Liquor Close To MGM

BJ's bar and liquors behind MGM on Tropicana. Put the liquor in the bathtub and cover it with ice. Use the spa to shower.

Corvallis, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where Can You Buy Liquor Close To MGM

You've got the ABC store at Planet Hollywood that you can walk to. There's a CVS pharmacy (I think that's it, it's across from a German restaurant) about 4 blocks down Harmon that has some real good deals on booze if you've got a car. This last trip I actually didn't walk the area between Harmon and the main entrance of the MGM (stayed at the Signature and went to the strip the back way) so there may be something up there, I don't know.

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where Can You Buy Liquor Close To MGM

If you have a car, or just want to check out an off-Strip property, Gold Coast (next to Rio and the Palms) has the cheapest liquor I've seen anywhere -- Vegas, back home, or any vacation spot I can remember.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4,479 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where Can You Buy Liquor Close To MGM

Beer and wine are available at the Grand Canyon shop and the ABC store at the Showcase mall, just next to MGM. Hard liquor is available at the ABC store in the Miracle Mile shops at Planet Hollywood.

CVS and Walgreens have begun selling alcohol at their Strip locations, so these could also be options.

Also, it depends on the room you book. Bungalow suites and up have a mini-fridge that will hold a bunch of drinks.

Edited: 24 May 2011, 06:05
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
742 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where Can You Buy Liquor Close To MGM

Also about a block north there is a Strip mall with a Mc'd's and a Fatburger. This Stripmall has 2 liquor stores in it.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where Can You Buy Liquor Close To MGM

@ Zeromus-X Any more specific info on where the booze can be found at Gold Coast, store name, approx location, etc.? Thanks much for your help!

7. Re: Where Can You Buy Liquor Close To MGM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2012, 06:17