We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Encore Resort Fee Question

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
13 posts
Save Topic
Encore Resort Fee Question

Okay, forgive me for probably asking a stupid question. I received a comped room offer from the Encore and on the offer it states "Rate is exclusive of resort fee and tax."

I read this to mean no tax or resort fee will be charged to me. Is that right? But then I started to question because maybe it meant that the comp excludes the resort fee and tax, meaning I'd have to pay it. Then I just confused myself all around!

I figured the smart people over here would be able to straighten this out for me.

Thanks!

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Encore Resort Fee Question

Based solely on that wording, I would expect to pay a resort fee.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Encore Resort Fee Question

This means the rate quote is for room only, you will need to pay resort fee of $20 plus tax per night. Depending on your offer there may also be room tax.

Round Rock, Texas
Level Contributor
563 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Encore Resort Fee Question

Call up the front desk to veify. but just paying the resort fee for a compd room, at the Encore is hooked up regardless.

GA
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Encore Resort Fee Question

Oh yeah, I think that definitely means you have to pay. That's why they word it like that. If it was totally free, they wouldn't mention the fees I bet.

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
973 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Encore Resort Fee Question

In this wording, "exclusive" means...not included. You will pay the tax and resort fee.

Minneapolis...
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Encore Resort Fee Question

Obviously not what I was hoping to hear, but hey, I guess can live with an Encore room for just the $20/night resort fee. It makes it easier to swallow since they gave me $300 in freeplay along with it. I usually do all my play and staying at CET properties, so never had to deal with how resort fees are handled on comped rooms. But Steve decided to hook me up after I recently signed up for a Red Card and just played enough to get a free buffet

(actually just enough to get a free buffet and a free room apparently :)

Thanks for the answers everyone.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
628 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Encore Resort Fee Question

dont forget the tax

Kansas City
Level Contributor
376 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Encore Resort Fee Question

I would call and ask, we have never had to pay anything if our room was comped at Wynn/Encore, but if you add even one night on at a lower rate, they will go back and add the resort fee on to each night( which is strange.)

Minneapolis...
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Encore Resort Fee Question

FYI in case anyone else has a similar offer, I didn't have to pay any resort fees or taxes. Completely free.

10. Re: Encore Resort Fee Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2012, 05:18