We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoover bypass bridge - Wheelchair Accessible?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hoover bypass bridge - Wheelchair Accessible?

We are in Vegas 5/29 - 6/4 and plan to visit the dam and bridge.

Can the bridge walk be reached by scooter or wheelchair? I saw some pictures and it looks like the approach is a huge hill with several switchbacks.

Very excited about the trip, staying at PH Towers. I have benn reading this forum for months and am so thankfull for the information I have received.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoover bypass bridge - Wheelchair Accessible?

Yes it is. I walked up it instead of the stairs.

MI
Level Contributor
630 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoover bypass bridge - Wheelchair Accessible?

We went there in April. There is a long ramp, easily accessed with a scooter or wheel chair. Well worth the effort to see.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,333 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoover bypass bridge - Wheelchair Accessible?

The parking is free near the bridge access.Its on your right just after you pass the security check. As noted, no problem with a wheelchair.

The dam is down the road a bit from the bridge lot.

Another place to see is the Lake Mead Overlook, accessed by the same road into the dam.You can drive right up to that.

Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoover bypass bridge - Wheelchair Accessible?

Thank you for the information. We will give it a try.

5. Re: Hoover bypass bridge - Wheelchair Accessible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2012, 05:29