We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurant with a Great View

Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
121 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Best Restaurant with a Great View

I am going to be in Vegas for 5 nights in August. I would like to have one "Gourmet" meal in a fabulous restaurant with an outstanding view. I bought the $50 discounted Cert at Mix but don't have to use it. I am staying at the Paris and the Eiffel Tower is a possibility. I could get restaurant.com cert for TOW as an option. Are there other restaurants that would qualify 4 stars or better in food and view? Which would you recommend of the ones I mentioned or one I didn't know about?

Thanks

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurant with a Great View

I enjoyed both TOW and Mix. Mix's food was more unique, while TOW was more a typical steakhouse/nice restaurant type menu with no real surprises, but the experience at TOW was superior, in my opinion. Both restaurants served up good food and drink and excellent service, but TOW's view was insane.

I can't comment on the Eiffel Tower.

You could also look into Prime at the Bellagio for a gourmet meal - not a view of the city, but a view of the Bellagio fountains.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurant with a Great View

You should definitely consider Alizé at Palms. Wonderful food with a great view.

Out of TotW and Mix I would personally choose Mix without hesitation. But as yourstarla said, the view from the Strat is amazing. Go for cocktails at the lounge if you decide against dinner there.

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
669 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurant with a Great View

I'm with blagger, dinner at Alize & cocktails at Strat!

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurant with a Great View

I would choose Alize. It is one of my favorite restaurants in Vegas- fantastic food, service, ambience and view.

http://www.andrelv.com/alize/

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,945 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurant with a Great View

Best views: (no particular order)

Top of The World

Mix

Alize

Voodoo Steak & Lounge

Eiffel Tower

Prime (if seated at window or on patio)

Picasso (if seated at window or on patio)

Best food of those listed: in (my) order)

Picasso

Alize

Eiffel Tower

Prime*

Mix

Voodoo Steak & Lounge

Top of The World**

*Prime is one of the top Steakhouses in Las Vegas, but it's a steakhouse. If that's the meal you're after, it could top this list. If you're not after prime steak, it's probably at the bottom

**Haven't been to Top of The World in several years. But there are a lot of reviews that the new management and new head chef have really done some great things.

The most consistent are probably Picasso and Alize. Mix is great, but sometimes the food and service aren't quite up to par with the expectations. Eiffel Tower is actually a fantastic traditional French restaurant. But a lot of people are turned off by the fact that it is crowded, noisy, and very pricey (just like it would be in Paris!). And it too seems to have a little more variability, so there are some negative reviews out there.

Truth be told, any of the above will provide you with a very memorable view, and almost certainly, a fantastic meal. I suggest you look closely at the menus and see which on appeals the most.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Restaurant with a Great View

I'd definitely choose Alize, for everything you say you want, it is the the that will give you the best overall dining experience with outstanding views.

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Restaurant with a Great View

Mix is one of our favorite restaurants in Vegas, even without the view!

Boston
Level Contributor
24,543 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Restaurant with a Great View

To match both view and food, Alize would have to be my choice, next would be Mix.

TOW has a 360 degree breath taking view, but from the highest point in LV so its really not close up, you should positively go for a drink or for lunch.

Eiffel tower is Ok but not high enough for anything spectacular and the food can be iffy at times.

Voodoo, while view is decent the food does Not live up to the others, go for drinks.

Others mentioned, while the food is excellent, have other type of views other then city views.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Restaurant with a Great View

Top of the World and Alize both have great views. Food is better at Alize.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
1,339 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Restaurant with a Great View

Alize, MIX, TOTW in that order...