We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting a car in Phoenix

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
grimsby,ontario
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
renting a car in Phoenix

Need tips on renting a car at sites other than the Phoenix airport ? Feasible ? cheaper

Texas
Level Contributor
500 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: renting a car in Phoenix

Vegas airport then!

When you go to the car rental main website, such as enterprise.com, you can enter the city and will see additional locations.

Good luck!

Alberta
Level Contributor
661 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: renting a car in Phoenix

There's a Budget on Indian Road that used to be considerably less. It has limited hours so it doesn't always work out. Check on the Phoenix forum as this has been discussed in the past.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: renting a car in Phoenix

Why ask on the Vegas forum? You'll be much better served here.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g31310-i140-Phoeni…

The Phoenix metro area covers a pretty big area. Best to get expert advice that fits your needs.

Edited: 07 June 2011, 15:54
grimsby,ontario
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: renting a car in Phoenix

Thanks. That was a mistake ,not meaning to be on a LV forum

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: renting a car in Phoenix

I rent at PHX all the time and always get reasonable rates through either Alamo or Thrifty. I would never be bothered to go to an alternate location, then have to bring it back there. Since you asked about PHX on the Las Vegas board, I'm wondering if you're really asking about a one-way rental, which will be expensive.

grimsby,ontario
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: renting a car in Phoenix

Thanks. I have searched online and have found , at Avis, at least that the total rental cost is much cheaper off airport site as they have to charge extra fees and taxes to be connected to airport. I just didn't know how easy it would be to get to those other locations . My mistake in having my original inquiry in LV forum.

7. Re: renting a car in Phoenix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 21:16