We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surprises for Girlfriend (soon to be fiancee)

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
9 posts
Save Topic
Surprises for Girlfriend (soon to be fiancee)

Hello Vegas Board,

I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to post as I just booked a trip to Vegas. Although it is still a month away, I'm already getting antsy. I'll be taking the trip with my girlfriend (soon to be fiancee). We're staying 4 nights at the Cosmopolitan, July 20-24.

We've been to Vegas together twice before and love it. It's a great way to get away from our stressful jobs for a few days, let loose a little, and treat ourselves.

My girlfriend does a lot for me and is always very thoughtful, so I was hoping to do some nice things for her while on the trip. To that end, I'm planning an entire "surprise" day where I don't tell her anything we'll be doing or where we'll be going.

Thus, I'm trying to figure out some special/unique/creative things to plan for this day. I would prefer not to spend an absolute fortune, but am definitely willing to splurge some to make a memorable day.

Any thoughts/suggestions/recommendations? In addition to a nice dinner and pre-dinner drinks, I'd like to plan a couple nice things for during the day.

Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom!

Chicago, Illinois
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Surprises for Girlfriend (soon to be fiancee)

Forgot to mention. We are both in our late twenties.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surprises for Girlfriend (soon to be fiancee)

Well you could do a couples massage that would be nice and fun. Although do people in their late 20's like massages lol.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surprises for Girlfriend (soon to be fiancee)

Couples massage?

A spa day is my favorite treat to myself, and it's a great stress reliever for me.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Surprises for Girlfriend (soon to be fiancee)

Yes Lauren they offer a couples massage . I am not part of a couple but it looks nice for couples. Although I love me time too. Does your soon to be fiance like a little me time?

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Surprises for Girlfriend (soon to be fiancee)

I would check out groupon.com for Las Vegas. They usually have some sort of deal for cool experiences.

Other than that you could try a hot air balloon ride, the dolphin experience at the Mirage, gondola rides inside the Venetian, just to name a few.

coventry uk
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Surprises for Girlfriend (soon to be fiancee)

are you proposing while you are there ?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,692 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Surprises for Girlfriend (soon to be fiancee)

You might consider contacting the concierge and see what options they can offer. Some hotels will provide items like flowers, fruit baskets, etc delivered to the room. You might also considere an intimate candlelight dinner in the room rather than going out to a restaurant (might even be a good opportunity to pop the question). Depending on her preferences, the spa is a good idea. Of course, take her to see her favorite show and then if you're into the club scene, a stop at her favorite club would be a good way to end the night.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Surprises for Girlfriend (soon to be fiancee)

Make sure one of your drinks/dinner places is one with a great view - Mix Lounge is perfect.

Chicago, Illinois
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Surprises for Girlfriend (soon to be fiancee)

Not planning on popping the question while I am there :)

Thanks for the responses so far!

Harlan, Kentucky
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Surprises for Girlfriend (soon to be fiancee)

Helicopter ride over the strip