We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking rooms at Harrah's - who's been in one?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Port Elgin, Canada
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Smoking rooms at Harrah's - who's been in one?

DH won't go to Vega$ and stay in a non-smoking room. Ugh I know.

We are both smokers (for now) but I'm not a heavy smoker and prefer non-smoking rooms. I've stayed at Harrah's in a non-smoking room in the Carnaval Tower and it was clean and fresh and beds were comfy. I enjoyed my stay, hence the reason we're going back to stay. (I wasn't with DH last time so that's how I arranged to stay in a non-smoking room)

I was hoping someone could tell me how the smoking rooms are and if they remembered what floor, tower, room to ask for?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

LoriS

Romeoville, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking rooms at Harrah's - who's been in one?

Hi mostlyvegas,

Have stayed at harrahs many times, always a smoking room.. I am not a heavy smoker (like yourself), and have never found the rooms to be offensive, or "smokey".

Actually a few times when i first walked in the room i thought the clerk had made a mistake and given me a non-smoking room. Thats how fresh it smelled.

i almost always get the Delux room, which has a sliding door you can open , with a small balcony, usually faces the pool, and Carnival court, but I certainly was not bothered by the noise,) so you can "air out the room" that way too.

Plus the balcony is big enough that you can stand outside and smoke if you want.

Hope this helps!!! and have a great trip....

Ontario
Level Contributor
557 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking rooms at Harrah's - who's been in one?

I stayed in a smoking Deluxe Executive Suite at Harrahs. I'm a smoker but don't smoke in my home and don't like to sleep in a smokey room. There's a separate living area in these rooms and the room didn't seem overly smokey. By far the best room I've had for ventilation was a Jr Suite at The Palms, my non-smoking friend thought I was in a non-smoking room because even she said she couldn't smell any smoke.

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking rooms at Harrah's - who's been in one?

I always stay in a smoking room at Harrah's. I always stay in a room in the Carnival Tower.

Port Elgin, Canada
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking rooms at Harrah's - who's been in one?

Thanks Gerry-ped ~ I was thinking no one was going to answer cuz no one wants to say they smoke! haha

I'm glad to hear the rooms aren't smoky. I really love Harrah's but DH hasn't been there so I've never had to think about a smoking room before.

I will try to get a deluxe room with a sliding door.........I don't mind about facing Carnaval Court.......once I pass out, I'm out!

Thanks for the advice......much appreciated!

mostlyvegas

Port Elgin, Canada
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking rooms at Harrah's - who's been in one?

Thanks jacktar and breanna............I'm relieved to hear the rooms aren't smoky.

Can't wait to go.........less than 29 days now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot!

mostlyvegas

Ontario
Level Contributor
557 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smoking rooms at Harrah's - who's been in one?

Have a fantastic trip! We're practically neighbours mostlyvegas lol...I'm 1/2 hour east of London. If you can get a deluxe executive suite, the bathrooms are very nice!

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Smoking rooms at Harrah's - who's been in one?

Who hasn't?

Port Elgin, Canada
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smoking rooms at Harrah's - who's been in one?

breanna501 - I'm 45 mins east of London.............hwy 19 south.......where are you? We ARE neighbours.......when are you going to LV next?

LMAO @ "who hasn't"

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Smoking rooms at Harrah's - who's been in one?

I stayed in a smoking room in Harrahs....#1527 Carnival Tower. The room was just the classic...but very "fresh" smelling and clean. I think the ventilation attached to the ac had something to do with that?

minnesota
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Smoking rooms at Harrah's - who's been in one?

Just a thought. We have stayed at the IP. I get a non-smoking room and send my DH out on the balcony to smoke. We are both Happy!!