We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

16 days at Aria and still the Luckiest Bar in Vegas

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
519 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
16 days at Aria and still the Luckiest Bar in Vegas

A few things first then I'll post as replies.

We go for a long trip each year as it's too far from the UK to go for just a few days plus I'm originally from the States so I need my food fix. To clarify I'm originally from Hawaii so if I'm going to live in London, I want a couple weeks of guaranteed summer.

I like to collect things each trip and this year I decided on some quotes from my DH you'll see why we've been together for 11 years and back off ladies he's all mine.

worksop
Level Contributor
387 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 16 days at Aria and still the Luckiest Bar in Vegas

You hyped it good! Expectation will be high.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 16 days at Aria and still the Luckiest Bar in Vegas

I can't wait - please hurry. This will be a good read with my morning coffee - hurry, hurry.

Edited: 23 June 2011, 14:28
London
Level Contributor
519 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 16 days at Aria and still the Luckiest Bar in Vegas

Lets start with things my husband likes to say in an elevator full of people right before we get off:

I'll see you later my wife is probably wondering where I am

Don't worry I have cash

By the way my name is ___ nice to meet you

Think you get the idea.

Anyway we decided to stay at the Aria again as we had such a wonderful time last year. I'll try to break this down into sections rather then days still a bit jet lagged but hopefully it will flow Ok to read.

Pool - They have greatly improved on service which was lacking last year and much to DH's delight they offer more beer options in cans. Last year they only did Budweiser so you had to drink out of a plastic cup if you wanted anything else. Also improved was the rules on drinks in and around the pool. There was a drink barrier you could not cross without feeling like a scolded child last year, this year you can sit at the edge of the pool with your drink. It has improved the overall atmosphere. There are still plenty of seats and with the new rules I didn't see any need to bother trying out Liquid.

The pool brings up a couple more quotes from DH. Not wanting to embarrass our waitress who was really nice I will only call her X.

'If X was a lifeguard I'd let you put your foot on my head until the bubbles stopped.' (It was tempting to anyway)

It looked to me like X had a tattoo on her back that was covered with make-up when I asked DH he replies 'I haven't spent much time looking at her back'

I went to the bar for a drink once and got carded as they don't do that here and I'm in my late 30s and DH is mid 40s we try to see who gets carded the most. his reply, 'They asked for your ID? Were they going to offer you a senior citizen discount?'

London
Level Contributor
519 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 16 days at Aria and still the Luckiest Bar in Vegas

Last year you may recall we stayed at the Sky Suites for our 10th anniversary and had some AC problems which resulted in them moving us to a 2 bedroom penthouse suite. We always said this was a once in a lifetime thing but we were wrong.

We stay so long and the extra space is nice so we try each year to save up for a suite this year we got a deal on a corner suite. (That sentence looks weird to me tried to fix it but too tired sorry) We arrived on Sunday the 5th around 2PM and stayed up until around 11Pm and were so tired we didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

The following Friday we get up to the room around 2AM and the noise from the Cosmopolitan was unbelievable. If you are staying at the Aria and are there from Friday until Sunday and can see the Cosmo from your room, you may want to ask to be moved. They have a night club on those nights and I kid you not, the windows were rattling. We were on the 24th floor in the bit that is lower and sticks out more towards the Cosmo which could have something to do with it but never again will I stay in a room that close.

I called down to reception (no long wait as some negative reviewers have mentioned) and complained. The girl on the phone said it isn't their hotel so not a lot they can do and asked if I would like to speak to a manager I said yes. A couple minutes later Johnny (not sure how to spell it as this was a woman) gets on the phone. I calmly explained that I realise we are in Vegas but don't understand why they would put us in an area they know to be noisy when we are staying for 2 full weekends. This isn't going to be one or two nights of our trip but almost half at 6 nights of noise. She offers to move us and given the time asks if I want to move right then or tomorrow. As I was wide awake now I decided for right away she put me on hold for a minute and came back on to say she found us a nicer room on the opposite end of the hotel.

Did a rush job of packing and was out of the room in less then 20 minutes. We were told our keys would work but they didn't so we used the house phone and security was up within 10 minutes to let us in to our new room. When they opened it for us they said 'Wow they've given you a nice room.' I presumed she had given us a corner panoramic room much to my surprise she had given us a Hospitality Suite. It was unbelievable so much so I called back down to leave a message thanking her for the quick action and the beautiful room.

I haven't drank for almost 10 years now (DH does the drinking for both of us). I mention this because even though its nearly 3AM I want to unpack and get sorted so I don't waste the next day. DH, slightly inebriated wants to keep pointing out various features and views to me. Read here 'honey come look at this', 'honey check this out', 'honey leave that come look' etc Packing might have taken 20 minutes but unpacking took over an hour :)

More in a bit need food and maybe a nap.

Edited: 23 June 2011, 15:00
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
449 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 16 days at Aria and still the Luckiest Bar in Vegas

Glad they moved you to a nice room. Good TR so far

Ballyclare, United...
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 16 days at Aria and still the Luckiest Bar in Vegas

Ok you've had 18 minutes where's the rest?

Good so far but you have me confused with paragraph 2 in reply 4??

mpo

Edited: 23 June 2011, 15:18
Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 16 days at Aria and still the Luckiest Bar in Vegas

LOL @ your husband's lines in an elevator... I may steal one!

Thanks for the heads up on Cosmo noise.

Florida
Level Contributor
210 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 16 days at Aria and still the Luckiest Bar in Vegas

Your husband sounds hysterical. Looking forward to more...

London
Level Contributor
519 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 16 days at Aria and still the Luckiest Bar in Vegas

Ordered pizza too tired to cook.

mpo I know what I was trying to say in that paragraph but am too tired to translate it from my brain to the screen sorry.

Just a short note on a place I really think is worth the visit especially if you have been a few times or if you just need a break from the strip.

Town Square - Each year we say we will go but never make it, I am so glad we did this year. Essentially this is an outdoor mall but a very nice one and although not an outlet mall you can find some bargains. It's around $12 - $15 in a cab and has some great restaurants and bars with reasonable prices. Places like this may be in most US cities but they aren't in the UK and even if you are from the States I think it is worth a visit.

DH loves ribs and after 2 horrible attempts he was third time lucky at Claim Jumpers. I know its a chain but the ribs here were fantastic the best I have ever had in Vegas which I know is not known for its BBQ. Actually we came back one night for steak and the Porterhouse was honestly one of the best steaks I have had over the past 5 trips and we've eaten in some high end places.

I'll do a proper food section later.

I know people ask a lot about BBQ you may want to try a place out by Green Valley Ranch think the area is known as the District and there is a BBQ place there that is supposed to be amazing according to the locals we met. Wish I could remember the exact name as it was suggested a few times by various people they do Louisiana style BBQ if that helps anyone interested in doing the search I am far too tired to do.

This is starting to get confusing again so I think I will take that nap.

More later

Edited: 23 June 2011, 15:49
Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 16 days at Aria and still the Luckiest Bar in Vegas

Great start! Looking forward to the rest.

Your husband definitely sounds like someone I know and love!