We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The "I can't go to Sumfest" support group

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,584 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
The "I can't go to Sumfest" support group

Hi! I'm Pookaloki and I can't go to Sumfest. :(

My Dh just couldn't get this week off of work and well I just can't go with out him!

Ok, we all know Sumfest is gunna be a rockin party in Vegas and our TA Forum Friends are about to take Vegas by storm and i sure hope the bar keeps in Vegas ordered extra bottles of booze to keep up with all the tasty libations they are sure to enjoy!

But then there are the rest of us, who can't go to Vegas for Sumfest. On this thread we can help each other cope with not being able to go to Sumfest and of course take the much needed bets on:

Who will win jackpots?

Who will get tunneled?

Who will get arrested?

Who will take the most pics of their food ($20 on Low.. I'm so sucker!)

Who will come back married by Elvis? (this on is a longshot?)

Who will be tossing mattresses from the roof of CP?

Who will be caught swimming in the Bellagio's fountain?

Who will be lose so much they will be forced to work as a showgirl or CW to get back to their own homes?

Who will get tatood and not figure it out til the next day when they are in the pool.. ;)

Any other major ones to think about?

To those of you lucky peeps that getta go to Vegas for Sumfest, I hope you have a marvelous time! If you are on FB , PLEASE please please upload pics often!! And please tag people in pics!!!

(this video gets me jazzed for Vegas and reminded me our my Sumfest friends!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-pUaogoX5o

********((sending lots and lots and lots of Jackpot dust ))******

Love you all!

Pook!

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The "I can't go to Sumfest" support group

I'm Damama and I can't go to Summfest because my daughter in law just had a baby. I'm sure the little kid would understand that granny is spending his inheritance but I just couldn't do it. I mean he's only 4 days old.

I have $10 on LG and NYG doing the Elvis wedding.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The "I can't go to Sumfest" support group

aaawwwww Pook.. =(

Rockin' SONG!!!!

How about, who'll dress up in some outfit just to earn extra cash after losing their stash? Lmaoooo

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
660 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The "I can't go to Sumfest" support group

Pook - I feel your pain. We were originally scheduled to go but were trying to use airtran vouchers to keep costs down and the dates were blacked out. I wanted to buy Low a LIIT so badly. Let's hope they check in a few times and in the mean time, misery loves company!!

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,584 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The "I can't go to Sumfest" support group

Thanks low, I thought about posting P!inks ,Raise your glass, but this one was Vegas themed. I hope ya getta try many LIIT's low! (gulp!)

Toronto
Level Contributor
696 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The "I can't go to Sumfest" support group

We need a constant stream of photos to help us get through.

Damama - congratulations on being a granny.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The "I can't go to Sumfest" support group

Think how many fewer posts there will be :)

Thanks pleasemum but how can I be a granny at 21? Oops that's my birthday not my age.

Queensbury, NY
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The "I can't go to Sumfest" support group

I will join! I booked our family vacation to Myrtle Beach (where we take the kids, as opposed to parking the stroller in the corner while I play Wizard of Oz slots) before Sumfest's dates were set. But one of these days I will meet you all!!!

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
7,451 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The "I can't go to Sumfest" support group

I'm Mailgirl and I'm an alc....oh, wait...wrong group, sorry..... ;-)

I'm Mailgirl and some of my TA friends are going to Vegas without me...

I will sit at home and read all about it on Facebook and not get to take pictures of Low dancing with room fixtures.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The "I can't go to Sumfest" support group

I couldn't go to sumfest because I had already booked my holidays at work for September....when I'm goin to Vegas! Have a blast everyone...

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: The "I can't go to Sumfest" support group

Went in January with husband and going in October with sister. Just could not justify a third trip this year with husband just changing jobs and all the other mundane financial things. So going next time. Have fun everyone. I will be stuck on the support group thread!