We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cant Decide - Too Many Hotel Choices! Help!

mirandann
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cant Decide - Too Many Hotel Choices! Help!

sorry to even post this as i know there are many posts on this as i have been reading, reading and reading the forums, travel reviews, etc on hotels.

i have narrowed it down to these choices but still can not make a final decision.

please help! ( im driving dh craazy - he doesnt care where we stay)

1. Treasure Island Deluxe

2. El Cortez Cabana Junior Suite

3. Golden Nuggett Rush Tower

4. El Cortez Tower

we are staying 08/27 - 08/30 and expedia.com is having a hotel sale + $50 GC + extras if you use a MC.

i found promo codes for TI but none for el cortez and golden nugget. would like to see savings on rooms so we can spend it elsewhere!

thanks for the help!

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cant Decide - Too Many Hotel Choices! Help!

Huge difference between staying on the Strip (TI) and Downtown (Golden Nugget & El Cortez). Figure that out and your decision will be easier.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,202 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cant Decide - Too Many Hotel Choices! Help!

I can't offer any insight as I don't stay Downtown. But I have to ask why TI is on the list with the Downtown choices. Is it just because you found a discount on Expedia?

But I will say if this is your 1st visit to Las Vegas I strongly recommend that you stay on the Strip.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cant Decide - Too Many Hotel Choices! Help!

I love downtown but out of the ones you listed I'd suggest TI as well.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cant Decide - Too Many Hotel Choices! Help!

Have you been to Vegas before? If this is your first trip, I also strongly recommend staying on the Strip.

milwaukee
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cant Decide - Too Many Hotel Choices! Help!

I would reference smartervegas.com when looking for promo codes, not expedia or orbitz, booking direct is almost always cheaper and easier if you need to adjust your reservation. I would pick TI from that list 10/10 times. I would also recommend visiting downtown and seeing freemont street. If this is your first trip I would recommend Bills or Harrahs so you are a little more central and both are value properties. You can only book at Bills Gambling Hall direct through there website.

Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
9,531 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cant Decide - Too Many Hotel Choices! Help!

First trip? TI

Second/third or fourth? Visit downtown

Also, why is TI the only strip choice? seems odd.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cant Decide - Too Many Hotel Choices! Help!

I'd only echo the other posters, downtown is an experience that is best to sample first before you commit to staying down there.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
5,015 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cant Decide - Too Many Hotel Choices! Help!

July and August in theory, are the cheapest times to stay in Vegas due to the extreme temps. Therefore, you should be able to strike a decent bargain at many places during these 2 months. Since you are staying Sat-Tue, you will pay a little more on Sat, but Sun and Mon should be dirt cheap.

Obviously I don't know what your tastes are, but if you want to stay downtown, GN is your best bet. TI is a fair choice for the strip.

I personally would choose TI b/c it is on the strip. But there are some places that will be having promo codes that will fit into your budget. As Brandon said, try smartervegas.com.

Edited: 29 June 2011, 06:04
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cant Decide - Too Many Hotel Choices! Help!

"July and August in theory, are the cheapest times to stay in Vegas due to the extreme temps."

In my experience, cheapest rates in Vegas are December up to the Christmas week. In the past, I've literally seen 3 star hotels sell rooms at $9 at that point.

Booking direct with the hotel *is* very often the best rate and it's certainly easier to modify (always read your cancellation policy and terms and conditions!) but there can be a lot of factors involved, the biggest amongst those being air/hotel package rates which aren't normally offered direct.

10. Re: Cant Decide - Too Many Hotel Choices! Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 23:18