We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Vegas: hotel?

Belgium
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Vegas: hotel?

Hello,

During our honeymoon, we will spend 2 nights in LV. The days in LV are also the last days of our honeymoon. The days before are rather busy, so we would like to relax in LV before going back home. We will be exploring and shopping, but also enjoying the pool and the hotel. For this reason we are willing to pay a little more for our hotel. When we have to chose between "amazing room" or "amazing pool", it will be the pool. Do not get my wrong: we are not looking for the hotel with the best pool, but we prefer the nicest hotel rather than the nicest room. We also want a "Vegas-style-hotel", so probably one of the famous Vegas hotels ...

Are there hotels that are willing to do something special for honeymooners?

Budget: not more than 250 dollar per night (tax ... included).

Venetian? Bellagio? Aria? Wynn?

Suggestions?

Thanks

Greetings

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,534 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Vegas: hotel?

The choice of hotel will depend on whether your 2 nights include a Fri or Sat as room rates on these nights could be double, or more, the midweek room rate.

Mandalay Bay is an excellent property and has one of the best, if not the best, pools in LV but it is located at the southern end of the strip.

WynnEncore is at the northern end of the strip and is a top class hotel - booking at the Encore allows you access to the Wynn pools but it is not centrally located.

For Vegas style I personally would avoid Aria and go with either the Venetian/Bellagio.

When are you travelling as this could determine whether all the pools will be open.

I wouldn't expect hotels to do anything special for honeymooners - a high proportion of visitors to LV are celebrating something.

TomC

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Vegas: hotel?

I agree, Venetian or Bellagio. Venetian rooms are better, but we liked the Bellagio pool a little better.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Vegas: hotel?

As Tom suggested, your dates are all important. $250 will get you something very nice on regular midweek nights, less so at weekend or if a major convention is in town.

Edited: 06 July 2011, 13:33
Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Vegas: hotel?

There is no question. You should stay at the Venetian.

1) Great pool.

2) Big, plush rooms

3) The hotel is VERY Vegas. Garish and lovely

You can generally find a room for your budget.

Your search has ended.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
405 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Vegas: hotel?

THE Hotel gets my vote. You get an AMAZING pool experience- Wave pool, lazy river, multiple hot tubs. You are connected to (but also far enough away from) Mandalay Bay. Countless dining options. THE Hotel rooms are suites- with a separate linving area & powder room. Sure, it's at the end of the strip, but if it's hot enough to swim, it's probably too hot to be walking any great distance.

I've walked as far north as the Venetian from here, it's not an impossible feat.

oh, and HAVE FUN! All the properties you listed are great..

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
197 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Vegas: hotel?

The rooms at Bellagio really are not that nice compared to Wynn/Encore, Venetian/Palazzo, or The Cosmopolitan. In My opinion, those three are above the Bellagio in terms of quality, probably along with THEHotel as well.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Vegas: hotel?

I've never been all that impressed with the Venetian pool, THEHotel and Wynn have better pools in my opinion. THEHotel is a bit isolated though. Depending on the dates you can get into both of those properties for under $250 a night though it might be dicey on the weekends until October or so.

I'd try to make Wynn work first for you. It's a nice location, nice pool, nice rooms. It just has no real glaring deficiencies.

Belgium
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon in Vegas: hotel?

First of all: thanks for the great advice!!

We will be staying in september on a tuesday and wednesday night (from tuesday untill thursday).

I will try it again but I thought Venetian was higher priced ...

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,534 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon in Vegas: hotel?

BBB

See link with some promo codes from smartervegas for Venetian which are valid for September - the codes should take you to the Venetian site and might be available for your specific dates.

smartervegas.com/hotels/the_venetian/promoti…

TomC

Belgium
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon in Vegas: hotel?

Thanks for the discount website. Strangely no promotios during our stay... :-(