We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Grd Vac @the Flamingo or Marriot's Grand Chateau

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
49 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Grd Vac @the Flamingo or Marriot's Grand Chateau

We are a family of four, in our late 40's; kids 12 & 16. Las Vegas a base not for gambling but we do want to take advantage of the freebies. These 2 are off the strip so we won't have to pay for resort fees. Would appreciate comments on them. By the way, we are going in August, mid-week.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
463 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Grd Vac @the Flamingo or Marriot's Grand Chateau

We're owners at Marriott (no experience w/ Hilton @ Flamingo), but can highly recommend the Grand Chateau. It is technically 'off-strip', but a less-than-five-minute walk will put you right in the middle of the action. A good route to the strip (if heading North, particularly) is to cross Harmon and go into the side entrance of the Miracle Mile Shops @ Planet Hollywood. An air-conditioned stroll through the mall will put you out on the strip at a couple of places in front of PH. That's what we do most of the time.

There are also many reasonably-priced places to eat in the MM Shops - should help out with the teens!

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,382 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Grd Vac @the Flamingo or Marriot's Grand Chateau

Resort fees aren't charged at all strip properties--Caesars properties do not charge resorts fees (Planet Hollywood, Paris, Ballys, Flamingo, Harrahs, Imperial Palace, Caesars Palace, Rio)

I believe that the Hilton Grand Vacation @ the Flamingo is basically on the strip--located right behind the Flamingo resort.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
433 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Grd Vac @the Flamingo or Marriot's Grand Chateau

The next time we are in LV, it's Grand Ch. for us. Excellent prices on a 2 br suite and a great kitchen. I understand it is an exceptionally clean hotel but what really sold me is the short walk to the strip. Cross the street to MM shops and out to the strip. It ended up being a shorter walk for us then from our room to the strip at the MGM Grand. So we said next time, it's Grand Chateau!

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
493 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Grd Vac @the Flamingo or Marriot's Grand Chateau

I stayed at the Hilton @ the Flamingo in March and like others have said it is basically on the strip. A two minute walk through the Flamingo will put your right across the street from Caesars. The rooms were nice and very clean. They have a small pool on the property and you do have access to the pool at the Flamingo. I have not stayed at the Marriott but, am familiar with the location and it seems to be a bit of a walk to the strip. Either way have fun!

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
49 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Grd Vac @the Flamingo or Marriot's Grand Chateau

"Thanks all. Will go with Hilton bc of pool and more central location..

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,905 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Grd Vac @the Flamingo or Marriot's Grand Chateau

I have stayed at both properties and agree 100% with you if you plan on a lot of pool time. The smallish pool at MGC is pretty cool as it is on the roof, but isn't really that enjoyable. The Flamingo pool is pretty fun especially for the kiddos.

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
615 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Grd Vac @the Flamingo or Marriot's Grand Chateau

Just remember that the "Go Pool" is the former Lagoon Pool and the former go pool is now the "Beach Club Pool." This essentially reverses the culture of the pools. The Beach Club Pool is now for guests of the hotel and the Go Pool is now the over 18 pool. While children can access the slides I believe, they cannot enter the Go Pool area. Depending on volume there may or may not be a fee for guests to use the Go Pool. So if you are staying at the Hilton Grand at Flamingo..you will want to check to see what the access is to the Flamingo Pools.

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
49 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton Grd Vac @the Flamingo or Marriot's Grand Chateau

@Opus, Thanks for the heads up. Will ask about pool access when I book the hotel.

9. Re: Hilton Grd Vac @the Flamingo or Marriot's Grand Chateau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 05:18