We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another nice thing from Alamo

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,853 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Another nice thing from Alamo

July is my birthday month, and I just got an "Insider" gift of a free rental day, next rental of 2 or more days, expires middle of September.

Another good reason to sign up for their "Insiders" club.

Bradford, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another nice thing from Alamo

Alamo is my favorite. They let you use a discount ID plus a coupon code.

They also only put a hold on your credit card for the amount of the rental, not for their deductible (usually $250)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another nice thing from Alamo

WW I signed up because of you about a month ago....I'm hoping for a deal on my rental in August!

Charlotte
Level Contributor
29 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another nice thing from Alamo

Cool, they sent me the same offer.

On the upcoming trip to Las Vegas, the alternate coupon that I had already booked with is actually coming out cheaper than the birthday offer, but it will be nice to use the new offer on another trip. I agree with you, Alamo has been a good company to rent cars from, for the most part.

Thanks for posting!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,853 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another nice thing from Alamo

Just to let you also know, I tried it beyond the expiration date of Sept and it still seemed to work!

And just to be fair...Thrifty Blue Chip (and I'm sure Dollar does it, too), sends me a free days rental for every 16 days that I rent.

I used to use Thrifty all the time but lately Alamo has been coming in less expensive.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another nice thing from Alamo

Happy birthday WW!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,853 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another nice thing from Alamo

Aw thanks u2tuf.

So update on the Alamo free day...I did use it with no problem for November. And once you use it, it's used...after I booked, I went to check on a different trip, and it said "coupon used" or something like that.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another nice thing from Alamo

What kind of rates are you getting for November?

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,360 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another nice thing from Alamo

I got mine too but it is still not as good as my Dollar rate. It amazes me how often you have to check Dollar but you still can get some great rates.

I have two reservations. One is for 5 days for $185 total (the best I have found in months) and one is for 3 days for $78 total. The three days from Alamo with the birthday present was $80.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,853 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Another nice thing from Alamo

I've actually got some pretty bad rates for November right now...but LV rates fluctuate wildly so I'm not concerned yet. My PHX rates are much higher consistently so I used my birthday coupon in PHX.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
2,776 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Another nice thing from Alamo

My husband received one that I was going to take advantage of on our May trip. To get the cheapest rate possible, I was able to reserve 3 days with the $25.00 off coupon, return the car, and reserve a standard car for 2 days with the birthday coupon. We ended up not taking advantage of the last two days, but it was interesting to see the price difference between 5 days straight, versus 3 + 2.