We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overwhelmed

toronto, on
Level Contributor
673 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Overwhelmed

First timer here, was wondering how do you plan which restaurants to go to, do you just wing it, or should I reserve?

Ballyclare, United...
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overwhelmed

For most I don't think a reservation is necessary but if there are some you just have to eat at then probably best to book.

Have a look at the reviews on here. You can also visit YELP for reviews and pictures.

mpo

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,074 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overwhelmed

Depends on whether it's a big night out, special occasion thing, or just a regular "grab a bite somewhere" night.

I rarely reserve a table in Las Vegas, I don't like being locked in to plans.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Overwhelmed

If there is a restaurant I really want to eat at - especially if it an upscale restaurant- I always make a reservation. If my plans change, I can always cancel. For many of the "middle of the road" restaurants, I don't bother. But I always have a plan B in mind if there is too much of a wait.

Indiana
Level Contributor
989 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overwhelmed

As a first timer you will be fine to wing it - you will have so much to see and do and won't want to be locked into dinner reservations at a particular place...so many good restaurants everywhere.

Michigan
Level Contributor
7,117 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overwhelmed

Wing it you will be fine. No need to get stressed over your vacation.

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overwhelmed

For the upscale restaurants I tend to reserve the day of. If you walk by somewhere and like the menu, ask the hostess if they have any reservations open.

Like others said, don't stress. There are so many great restaurants in Vegas you will be able to have great meals.

Portland, Indiana
Level Contributor
320 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Overwhelmed

Wing it! If you see a place you would like to go, so a little research and reserve for the next night or so (if they have availability). If not, there are a ton of other really nice places that wont need a reservation...Have Fun!

8. Re: Overwhelmed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 08:19