We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Kids

This question has probably been asked a thousand times. Is Vegas for kids? We have two aged 15 & 11. If you think it is which hotels would you recommend to keep them happy?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids

Mandalay Bay.

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids

Well, it will depend on your budget and dates also, but generally a hotel with good pool and in a location near other family friendly things is favorable. There's a couple good off Strip hotels that'll work for kids as well, but if you're a Vegas newbie it may not be an option for you. My opinions for good kids hotels in Vegas are:

- Mandalay Bay

- MGM

- Mirage

- Signature at MGM

- Flamingo.

- Excalibur

Off Strip: Orleans, South Point.

I wouldn't recommend Circus-Circus to hardly anyone.

Indiana
Level Contributor
989 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids

Pool weather - Mandalay Bay or MGM Grand. No pool weather - try a different vacation spot.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,402 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids

Depends on what your kids like to do. Some people will say there are lots for kids to do in Vegas. I think for a maximum of two days, yes but there is nothing in Vegas that other places in the US don't have more of or better of.

Yes, there is shopping - not anything different than anywhere else. There are outlets all over the country.

Rides - can't compare to Disney, Bush, King's Dominion, Six Flags,

Animals - not even in the same category as real zoos around the country.

Pools - yes but not made for kids except maybe MGM (but still a lot of partying 20 somethings). There are off strip hotels that have movies, bowling and more kid friendly pools but you can do that anywhere and have better zoos, swimming, etc.

Surrey
Level Contributor
97 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids

Mandalay bay. We just stayed there July 4-8 with my 8 and 9 yrs old. Make sure you rent a car. Will save you lots of money. Their Wave pool and Lazy river are big hits for kids.

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kids

Be prepared for a lashing....some people will jump all over you for asking.

It depends on what you and your kids like to do becuase you need to keep in mind, they can't be with you if you are gambling. They can't stand by you while you put a few $ in a slot machine or anything. I personally think it would be a boring place for kids. Yes there are things for them to do but they are things they could do in any other city you take them to.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
190 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kids

Do a search on trip reports w/kids. There are endless things to do with kids in Las Vegas, but the trip has got to be for the kids. If you think you're going to do some gambling and adult stuff half the time, then spend half the time doing stuff with the kids, it's going to get ugly.

Ballyclare, United...
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kids

At that age probably the Orleans would be better, bowling, games arcade, cinema, decent pool, shuttle to the strip.

Check out the website.

mpo

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kids

Right then. Back to Orlando it is then.....

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
312 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Kids

Orlando is a good decision ;)