We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mon Ami Gabi Patio Seating

ohio
Level Contributor
64 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Mon Ami Gabi Patio Seating

Hi Everyone,

I'll be visiting vegas in a few weeks and would like to have dinner on the patio at mon ami gabi. I was wondering if it's possible to reserve a seat outside, or if you can only reserve one inside and hope that one is available outside? I really only care to eat there if I can sit on the patio, so I'd hate to get stuck indoors. And if you can't reserve them outside, does anyone know when the crowd starts to die down, making it more possible to nab one? Thanks in advance!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,695 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mon Ami Gabi Patio Seating

No reservations for outside, it's first come first serve.

Crowd levels vary by day of the week, big events in town, etc, but in general the wait will be shorter off-hours, i.e. in between normal meal times.

Since it'll likely be a billion degrees when you go in a few weeks, consider a seat inside, but by the patio doors if they're open. You'll have the benefit of the shade and A/C, and still the view outside.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
116 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mon Ami Gabi Patio Seating

They do not take reservations for the patio. I will be there in 2 weeks, also. When I made my reservation online, I requested patio where it asked for special requests. If we have to wait, that is fine, too :-)

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,824 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mon Ami Gabi Patio Seating

Would you consider breakfast instead of dinner? It's not too crowded then, the morning people walking the Strip are fun to watch, and the breakfast menu is a little unusual and delicious. In the heat I also prefer to be in the shade, and it's shady in the morning.

Then I'd switch and do Olives on the patio for dinner, but again you have to wait for outside seating.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,163 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mon Ami Gabi Patio Seating

Early dinner would be fine. I would expect before 6 you won't have to wait for an outside table. There aren't too many people who want to sit in the sun when it is 105-110 degrees outside.

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mon Ami Gabi Patio Seating

When you check in for your reservation, request a patio seat. They will probably tell you it will be about a 15 minute wait. They give you a pager then you go gamble till your table is ready.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,707 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mon Ami Gabi Patio Seating

IMO, lunch is fairly good, dinners are not. Haven't been there for breakfast.

ohio
Level Contributor
64 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mon Ami Gabi Patio Seating

Thanks for all the help! I have considered eating there for breakfast and lunch, as well. I'm thinking it will be easier to get a table in reasonable time if I make a reservation for 9:00 or later. I don't mind waiting a little while for the view. @warmwinds, I was considering a dinner at Olives, too. That part of the strip has the best views!

8. Re: Mon Ami Gabi Patio Seating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 11:17