We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MGM skylofts, Wynn tower salon, or Palazzo Siena suite

San Antonio
Level Contributor
16 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
MGM skylofts, Wynn tower salon, or Palazzo Siena suite

Trying to decide between the MGM skylofts, Wynn tower salon suite, or Palazzo siena suite. We've been to Vegas several times, but this time trying to surprise my wife with a really special suite, etc.., for anniversary. All three look great and pricing is similar. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,628 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,112 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
404 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
915 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MGM skylofts, Wynn tower salon, or Palazzo Siena suite

To be fair, I've stayed in none of those, LOL

But I have stayed in the 1400sf Venetian Piazza Suite, the Wynn Tower Parlor Suite, and the Penthouses at MGM before they were Skylofts.

Skylofts would be my choice.

If you want to surprise and impress, you have a concierge ON the floor who calls you by name, AND you have a butler.... wives (at least mine) love to have butlers (Maids come in too, lol)

Plus you have the private VIP entrance and elevators...

Just know they all expect good tips =)

Edited: 16 July 2011, 15:23
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
44,491 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MGM skylofts, Wynn tower salon, or Palazzo Siena suite

I have not stayed in the Palazzo Suite, but have stayed a Wynn and in a Skyloft. The Wynn Parlor Suite is one of our favorites, we prefer it to the Salon. It is slightly smaller in the living room, and does not have the massage room but my wife prefers to go to the spa over having a massage in the room. And of course nothing compares to the Skylofts, it is the ultimate Las Vegas luxury experience.

I'm not going to talk about the Skyloft itself as it has it's own websire, except to mention the shower is amazing, and because it is upstairs it has a great view.

The service at Skylofts is amazing, you have a complete seperate staff serving 50 suites. And yes you do have a butler, but most of us don't use him often. The difference between staying at Skylofts or Four Seasons for that matter, is that all the hotels will get you anything you ask or require but Skylofts actively tries to anticipate your needs and provide for them without being asked. Admittedly some of the service is over the top and can be a little intimidating. My wife would never allow a butler to unpack our bags, and the fact that everyone stands up anytime you enter the room (including the concierge lobby) is a little silly, but there are also many little things that you appreciate. The main thing that you must remember is that someone enters your suite many times a day to provide service---unless you tell them not to with the privacy light. And you can see part of the shower from the living room downstairs.

Besides the twice daily maid service (most suites have this) there is also a lady who just comes in to refill the ameneties 2-3 times a day. She restocks your fridge, brings in fresh fruit, makes sure there is plenty of bottled water, etc. BTW: My wife loved that the bottled water comes in glass bottles.

Many of the amenties are included in the Skyloft, which actually adds up, such as free on demand movies a fridge stocked with beverages, fresh fruit, etc. They asked if we have a favorite beverage and I mentioned that my wife likes Iced Tea, so there was always a fresh pitcher in the fridge. It even has the much valued coffee maker, which also grinds the beans (your choice of 5 coffee beans) and makes expresso or lattes and was far too complicated for this poor cty boy, but the butler will show you how to use it. And if you are lucky like me you will have a wife who understands these things.

I don't want to gush or keep going on, Skylofts do have their own website. And you can feel free to ask questions. I will also try and post a link to our TR that includes a stay at Skylofts later.

The only downside to staying in a Skyloft is that when you get off the elevator downstairs you are still at MGM, which is not as nice a hotel as Wynn or Palazzo. But the Skyloft experience is truly unique.

Tip: If you choose the Skylofts make sure to include your wife's name in the reservation. I did not, so all the stationery was embossed with only my name.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: MGM skylofts, Wynn tower salon, or Palazzo Siena suite

My goal one day is to stay at the Skylofts. Doubt that will ever happen though. I'm speaking from a women's point of view if that helps.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MGM skylofts, Wynn tower salon, or Palazzo Siena suite

I stayed in SKylofts before they were called that. I've stayed in both a Salon and a Parlor Suite in the Wynn TS, liked both, but loved the Salon! Skylofts is a WOW factor, the only problem is, it's at the MGM. Obviously, the Wynn itself is a huge WOW especially when comparing it to MGM! I've stayed at Palazzo and it's lovely but you aren't going to get the WOW factor there like at the other two.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
44,491 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MGM skylofts, Wynn tower salon, or Palazzo Siena suite

Here is my TR that includes our stay in the Skylofts. It has a decent description of the suite and services:

www.lasvegastripreport.com/display_tr.php…

Atlanta
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MGM skylofts, Wynn tower salon, or Palazzo Siena suite

Wynn salon by far. Hard to beat.

San Antonio
Level Contributor
16 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MGM skylofts, Wynn tower salon, or Palazzo Siena suite

Thank you for all the great info. Much appreciated.

8. Re: MGM skylofts, Wynn tower salon, or Palazzo Siena suite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 00:17