We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Love - a true cirque show?

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
Love - a true cirque show?

Everyone has told us to see Love when we are Vegas. I love the Beatles and have seen a few of the traveling Cirque shows but none in Vegas. Husband hasn't seen any cirque shows and has said Love is fine but apparently he has been told it isn't a true cirque show. Is this true? Is there a better cirque show? Everyone seems to rave about Love so it seemed a great fit for both of us but I don't want him to leave thinking I just wasted a $100 of his gambling money either. :P

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Love - a true cirque show?

Love is more about the music than the acrobatics. So in that sense, not a true Cirque show. But a lot of people still think it's great.

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Love - a true cirque show?

It's true cirque! And, it's great. I think you'll love it. Balcony seats are fine. You can see great from there. Enjoy!

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Love - a true cirque show?

It was more Cirque than I expected it to be. I think Mystere would be a more traditional Cirque show like the traveling shows - but personally I enjoyed Love much more than Mystere.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Love - a true cirque show?

Although the emphasis is on the music, there are still plenty of acrobatic feats being performed during Love . The emphasis during Mystere is definitely on the acrobatic feats.

Both are great and they both remain my favorites of all the CDS shows I have seen.

There is really no such things as a "better" or "best" show. I didn't like Ka at all, yet many people loved it. I thought Le Reve (a Cirque-like water show) was much better than O, but others have put O at the top of their list.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
212 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Love - a true cirque show?

It's quite simply stunning......regardless of if it's "true cirque show" or not. Just go ....you will not be disappointed!

In fact as a lover of both the Beatles and Cirque (like me) it would be verging on criminal not to go...just kidding of course.....but I really can't recommend it highly enough.

By the way there is no such thing as a bad seat in the theatre, all are excellent.

England
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Love - a true cirque show?

No, it's not a true Cirque show, because it's in English with no nonsense language.

Yes, it is a true Cirque show in that they mess around trying to weave a really weak narrative throughout the show, when they would be much better off showing their talents by presenting set-piece spectacles to the great music.

By the way, I think Mystere and Ka are better than Love (in that order), and all of them are better than O - by a country mile.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
212 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Love - a true cirque show?

Garson51....Just goes to show how different we all are..... "O" is the ultimate Cirque show for me with Love running a close second.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,615 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Love - a true cirque show?

What do you mean by a true cirque show. They have many types of shows. Even the Elvis cirque. Love is all about the music. What a show. See Mystere.

England
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Love - a true cirque show?

Mike

Vive le difference, or whatever that means in Dutch. lol

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Love - a true cirque show?

Love LOVE, amazed by O, bored by KA....each show is different in it's own way and each person likes one more than others....we have seen LOVE 3 times, hubby has seen O 3 times, hubby has seen Mystere 3 times and KA once....LOVE is his fav and he'd go every trip to see it!