We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellagio newly renovated rooms--we got one!

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kansas
Level Contributor
961 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Bellagio newly renovated rooms--we got one!

We just got back from Bellagio where we were upgraded to a lake view newly renovated room on the 27th floor. The rooms are well done and the view was great!

We were surprised at the upgrade at check-in (no $20 trick) since we were on a comped room; we just asked nicely if a lake view room was possible. We were pleasantly surprised when the clerk called and got permission to give us a lake view on the 27th floor. We did give her a $20 tip--and she was very nice about it and said she would put it into her Christmas fund :)

They are still working on the other end of the hall and have a black curtain and a guard posted 24/7 to keep people from wandering in the construction area. No noise problems noticed. There were a few glitches in the room (safe didn't work, drain in bathroom running slow ect...) things that happen when new construction is going on. All problems were addressed quickly and efficiently.

Let me know if you have any questions--we love staying here and hope we are able to get comps again (I can't figure out M Life) We didn't have offers from the other properties so were surprised when we got the offer from Bellagio!

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bellagio newly renovated rooms--we got one!

Good to know, thanks. I've stayed away since I had found the rooms a little cramped, outdated and depressing on my last visit.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,810 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bellagio newly renovated rooms--we got one!

How do they look compared to the preview pictures that were posted recently? What's the general "feeling" - trendy, elegant, tacky, minimalist, warm....??

kansas
Level Contributor
961 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bellagio newly renovated rooms--we got one!

We also were not impressed with the Bellagio rooms when we stayed there a couple of years ago. Also found them too dark and on the small side. I suppose when it was built they were going for the rich, heavy look.

The new rooms have a deep plum, cream and green (not llme) color scheme that is surprisingly well done. The bed linens are light and bright with flat screen TV's and a nice minibar set up. The furniture remains dark, but it works. Clean and crisp lines, not heavy like the other furniture. I believe they are going for a trendy, but elegant look. Definitely not as trendy and modern as Aria though.

I took a few pics, but don't have a way to post them!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bellagio newly renovated rooms--we got one!

I stayed at the Bellagio last week and was very disappointed with my room. I tried for an upgrade but after the clerk called, they told me that I had to pay $20 to $50 a night more; I declined.

The room looked like any other room until I requested the hypoallergenic sheets. These sheets and spread really brightened the room and I began to relax and the room grew on me after i moved a few pieces of furniture around in the small room. the bathroom was decent, but after leaving Aria to visit this place, there is no comparison. Although the service was the best that I've ever experienced, I simply prefer a more modern look and a suite that includes a washer/dryer, kitchenette and cable television.

Their penny slots were tight, but I found their dollars to be quite generous at the Bellagio. I was able to get my Jean Phillip cinnamon bun fix.

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bellagio newly renovated rooms--we got one!

I hope you'll take some pics! Have a great trip. :)

6. Re: Bellagio newly renovated rooms--we got one!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 23:18