We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking a taxi to an off strip restaurant?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
896 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taking a taxi to an off strip restaurant?

Catch the taxi from our hotel...go to dinner at said restaurant. How do we get a taxi back?

Will the restaurant call you a taxi?

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking a taxi to an off strip restaurant?

Yes.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
14,450 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking a taxi to an off strip restaurant?

Spyro, just study a map beforehand so that you can get a general idea of the restaurant's location. You don't want to be taken for a ride..

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,473 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking a taxi to an off strip restaurant?

If you like the cabbie that drops you off, ask for their card for a pickup. Tip well of course!

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking a taxi to an off strip restaurant?

Sometimes we've been stuck waiting for quite a while. It's sometimes hard to get them back to a more remote spot. One day we went to Palace Station from Rio for lunch and thought we'd never get back. They seem to like to stay at the big hotels. It probably depends on where you are going. I'm sure you will be fine but know you might have to be a little patient. The tipping well and asking for the same one who took you to the restaurant to come back for you sounds like a good idea.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taking a taxi to an off strip restaurant?

Yes, remote spots can be problematic. We took a taxi to Sam's Town when it was new & never thought twice about being able to get a taxi back. Finally got tired of waiting & called a limo service. Ugh !

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,101 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taking a taxi to an off strip restaurant?

Ive never thought of Palace Station or SamsTown as remote spots, but true some times you do need ot wait. even at places that are not remote like Palace Station or Samstown.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,514 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taking a taxi to an off strip restaurant?

I don't know if there are any off-Strip restaurants that I'd be so anxious to go to that I'd take a cab. But I do know a lot of people have taken cabs to Lotus of Siam.

But even at "remote" locations like Sam's Town or Palace Station, you should normally be able to get a cab without much of a wait. Unless your need happens to coincide with show ending times (for example, between 9:30 and 10 p.m., lots of shows get out and ladies wearing their high heels need cabs!! so there is a sudden demand, and if you are at Casa D'Amore, you might not get a cab so quickly).

vancouver
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taking a taxi to an off strip restaurant?

Casa Di Amore is worth the trip and last time I was there they had a free car service that would pick you up and drop you off.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,313 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taking a taxi to an off strip restaurant?

Never had a problem getting a cab from Rosemary's. We asked them to call just before we got our check.

10. Re: Taking a taxi to an off strip restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 04:17