We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Clean Are Vegas Pools? Fox5 News

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
How Clean Are Vegas Pools? Fox5 News

FOX5 News reports that water in five of Las Vegas' top party pools has tested positive for high levels of urine and, in one tested for bacteria that causes urinary tract infections. The pools named were MGM Grand's Wet Republic, Rehab at the Hard Rock, Venetian's TAO Beach, Palms Pool & Bungalows, and Liquid at ARIA. TAO Beach has been the only pool to respond to the news, their statement: "The pool is continually filtered through the system numerous times every 24 hours" and that they "will continue to take all steps necessary to ensure TAO Beach meets or exceeds the highest of standards."

Pretty yucky news.

I wonder if enough ETOH cancels out the harmful bacteria. :-)

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How Clean Are Vegas Pools? Fox5 News

Barf... :s

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Clean Are Vegas Pools? Fox5 News

These are the adult pools right? Ick! Maybe people drink beer after beer and cant get out of the pool???

No matter where i swim or hot tub, I follow up with a shower and none goes in my mouth! Icky!

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Clean Are Vegas Pools? Fox5 News

Ewwwww! So the people who go to these parties can't hold their liquor in TWO ways? LMAO

Level Contributor
2,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How Clean Are Vegas Pools? Fox5 News

This really pi$$es me off!

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How Clean Are Vegas Pools? Fox5 News

Ready for a dip bacchuslimo? :-)

Queensbury, NY
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How Clean Are Vegas Pools? Fox5 News

Didn't I read on here at one point that Rehab didn;t have bathrooms available, or only a few? I have always thought it looked too crowded for people to actually be using a restroom. Eww!!! Wouldn't want to be wading around in THAT!

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How Clean Are Vegas Pools? Fox5 News

From what I've seen on youtube and that silly Rehab reality show, urinary tract infections are the least of the health problems those pool party denizens have to worry about.

Michigan
Level Contributor
6,682 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How Clean Are Vegas Pools? Fox5 News

Glad I don't use any pools LOL! So the answer to who has the best pool in Vegas is "the one with the least amount of urine"

Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How Clean Are Vegas Pools? Fox5 News

Shocking. . . Lol

Jersey
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How Clean Are Vegas Pools? Fox5 News

I guess we know why the water is warm. Blahhhhh. After seeing rehab, you can't get out to go to the bathroom. What did TAO say was filtered?