We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropicana Suites?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,388 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tropicana Suites?

I'm considering spending a couple of nights of our October trip at Tropicana to try it. It appears there may be some value in their suites.

Anyone stayed in a Paradise or Club Suite? I would appreciate any impressions or opinions.

Specifically; Do the Club suites get noise from the pools, or the Paradise Suites get noise from the Strip?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropicana Suites?

Hey Ken, stayed in a Paradise Suite last October and it was pretty nice. I have some pics posted on my profile. If you have stayed in THESuite, I'd say that the Paradise is a bit bigger, but THESuite is still a little more modern.

I heard no noise from the Strip other than the obligatory emergency vehicles. Hope this helps.

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropicana Suites?

I stayed in a Paradise Suite in the Club Tower and I was by the pool. No noise. It was okay. I wouldn't stay there again, to be honest, but it was okay. It was a definite improvement over the Tropicana of old - leaps and bounds better - LEAPS AND BOUNDS. LOL :) The room was really spacious and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom fan sounded like a lawnmower. LOL

The walk to the Club Tower got tedious after a while because it's all the way in the back of the hotel.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropicana Suites?

Check that, sorry Ken, pics aren't on my profile, but here is a link to them that hopefully works. Pardon the mess. haha.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_tropicana/

Orange, California
Level Contributor
645 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropicana Suites?

www.vegastripping.com/news/news.php…

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,388 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tropicana Suites?

Thanks for the photos. Was it just my perception or are the bathrooms kind of small?

Maybe I'll look for some photos of the Club Suite.

Hulk: Did you post a Trip Report last year? Maybe I should go back and read a few.

Edited: 29 July 2011, 07:21
minnesota
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tropicana Suites?

Thanks ibelvis. We have already booked our suite, but now we know exactly what to expect.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tropicana Suites?

Hello :-)

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. We have gone to Vegas once a year for the last 4 years and every time we have stayed at the Tropicana. Nice rooms with a nice rate. We just left Vegas about 2 weeks ago and we are already booking to be there for New Years!!! We always stay in the Paradise Suite in the Tower and we love it. Its clean, spacious, no noise, beautiful view of the strip. We have booked a Club Suite for New Years but I cannot locate any pictures of the rooms....about to open up a post to see if anyone has pics.

Jinkz

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tropicana Suites?

Yes I did ktinca, here is the link. My apologies, it does include some debauchery. Can't really remember the bathroom, but it's no Mandalay Bay bathroom. lol

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k396140…

Edited: 02 August 2011, 01:14
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tropicana Suites?

I stayed in the paradise tower suite- loved the bed and the living room.

Did not like their tiny bathroom for that suite.

Service was excellant though.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,388 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tropicana Suites?

Thanks Hulk. I probably missed your report, because of course we were in Vegas the 1st week of October last year. Hey what a coincidence, flying in the 1st of October again this year. There could be a pattern here, lol.

TiaLaura: I remember your posts. Funny how you look at reports differently when you are considering staying some place new. It's not that we really need the big fancy bathroom, but you do kind of expect it in a suite.