We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone else not really care what hotel they stay in?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone else not really care what hotel they stay in?

Norhing against the folks sweating their hotel choice, that's what TA is for, but anyone else here just not really carw where they stay in Vegas?

Maybe I'm not picky enough. I've been to Vegas 15 or 20 times and have yet to stay in the same place twice. Knock on wood so far every place has been good. Each trip I'm more concerned with getting a good deal than staying somewhere particular.

Anyone else feel the same?

Michigan
Level Contributor
6,689 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone else not really care what hotel they stay in?

Like someone else said on here I'd stay in a cardboard box just to be in Vegas! But that won't happen because the wife is a hotel snob... Lol

vancouver
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone else not really care what hotel they stay in?

lol geocip, you are hardcore. Hopefully it won't come to that for either of us.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone else not really care what hotel they stay in?

As long as it's not a dump I like to stay in a different place every time, mostly who gave me the best deal and what location suits us for shows, etc. on that trip. I go so often that we do repeat a lot, but that's ok.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,603 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone else not really care what hotel they stay in?

I used to not care where I stayed as long as it was in Vegas.

But then I stayed at Hooters.... Now I care.

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone else not really care what hotel they stay in?

I'm afraid I do care. I like a nice comfortable room that smells good. I like to have a little table and chairs in the room. I like clean windows and a view when possible but can cope just fine if I don't get one. I like everything to be clean. I prefer something calm but it's OK if it's not. I can adjust. I like to be close to good places to eat. I like a nice staff that comes quickly when something is wrong and quick elevators, and a coffee shop nearby.. I like a bed that isn't too hard and plenty of hot water, clean towels and pillows. I like carpets that aren't dirty or stained. I like bathrooms without mold and a commode that flushes well. I prefer having a closet with a safe in it. Those are pretty basic needs. As long as they are met, I'm OK.

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone else not really care what hotel they stay in?

My husband wishes I wouldn't care so much about the room as he could live with anything I'm sure. Although we don't spend much time in the room, I do need a good sleep and am very picky about cleanliness. Of course we cannot afford 5*, and my husband knows I will look for the best possible deals to get what I want at a decent price. Our upcoming trip we scored a mirage tower room for $60 (of course plus taxes and resort fee) but that is for weekend nights as well.

Portland, Indiana
Level Contributor
318 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone else not really care what hotel they stay in?

I really dont care. I try to stay at different places everytime, if I can, but as long as it stays half cool in there we are all good. If I were traveling alone, I would stay at the lowest price I could find. With Mrs. The Gibson with me, she will NOT allow that to happen! :0)

nmbjs
Level Contributor
518 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone else not really care what hotel they stay in?

I stay south strip if I'm primarily gambling and center strip if it's a party trip.

A good deal is important for solo trips and a nicer hotel for special occasions.

I'm even considering an offstrip property for my next trip because I'm thinking of a more relaxing trip next time.

NW Arkansas
Level Contributor
801 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone else not really care what hotel they stay in?

Location is most important to me. South strip is where we end up the most but also like the Mirage and always stay at MGM properties because of comps. No bed bugs is a must.

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,341 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone else not really care what hotel they stay in?

Unless I'm going with my gf I don't care at all.

Last couple fight trips, I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. I like that place, right off Russell near MB. Quiet, yet close enough to be convenient. I always have my car so that isn't an issue.