We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

David Copperfield or Criss Angel

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
David Copperfield or Criss Angel

While in Vegas we're plannig to see a show who's better David Copperfield or Criss Angel or is there another magic show to see with kids.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,569 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,035 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
357 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: David Copperfield or Criss Angel

Criss Angel

Cant be any worse that David Copperfield, his act is old and worn out. He looks likes he is bored out there.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: David Copperfield or Criss Angel

Both are horrible. Copperfied has been bored and going through the motions for 5+ years. Angel's show has never "worked."

Edmonton, AB, Canada
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: David Copperfield or Criss Angel

Go see Mac King, it's an afternoon comedy magic show. Kids should have fun, it's cheap, and bound to be WAYYY better then the 2 you mentioned.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
685 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: David Copperfield or Criss Angel

Criss Angels' show rec'd horrible reviews when it first opened. Since then he has re- worked it and the reviews now are generally favorable. He is a younger hipper kind of performer compared to the tired Copperfield. There are other magic shows in town, depends on your kids ages which they would enjoy. None of them sell out so you can decide when you arrive.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: David Copperfield or Criss Angel

I have not seen the "re-worked" Criss Angel show -- the one I saw was so bad I would not go to the "new" show. Cooperfield was pretty bad as well.

I'd go get a root canal job instead, bound to be more fun than either Angel or Cooperfield!!

On second thought, since my teeth are fine, I'd skip both of them and go to Penn & Teller.

England
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: David Copperfield or Criss Angel

Ok im going slightly different here.

1st off, without doubt Criss Angel is awful, trust me you wont get that time back, dont do it, really dont.

Re Copperfield. While not a fan, I do get free tickets to go see shows and this was kind of dropped on me on my way to eat, so I thought what the heck. I have to say I actually thought it was ok.

Sure its not what I guess made him famous, but I found the tricks to be ok and quite entertaining.

My only crtic would be My God does that guy love himself :)

Lets hope they get Dynamo to Vegas soon

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26,831 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: David Copperfield or Criss Angel

You could give me $500(seriously) and I still wouldnt go to either.

$1000 and I may consider.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: David Copperfield or Criss Angel

I would have to agree with most of the previous poster. Both are horrible and not worth your time or money. Mac King does a good comedy magic show. Not sure if Rick Thomas is still in Vegas but he was worth watching too.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
12,163 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: David Copperfield or Criss Angel

Maybe they should do a show where they both duel each other with magic tricks. If we are lucky, they will end up making each other disappear.

USA
Level Contributor
939 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: David Copperfield or Criss Angel

Here is another vote for Mac King. Criss Angel's show is (still) terrible. Copperfields show is stuff you have already seen 100 times on TV.

Mac King' afternoon show at Harrahs is one of the best "hidden" gems of Las Vegas. You can get 2 for 1 tickets almost anywhere (or you can get them comped simply by asking if you are a Harrah's member). And, his show is pure joy. His personality is awesome, very positive humor, funny and his "magic" is stuff you have not seen before. A few of his tricks blew me away. He does some audience participation stuff; and believe me the audience I sat with absolutely loved his schtick.

I cannot recommend his show more highly.

And, for kids (of ANY age), his show is appropriate and fun...yet still enjoyable for adults.

If you want to wow your kids with a top-tier show, consider a top-tier Cirque act like LOVE at Mirage or KA at MGM. But still do the Mac King show.