We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Republic of Ireland on TV

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Republic of Ireland on TV

Over in Vegas for when the Republic of Ireland are playing important European qualifiers on Sat 2nd Sept (0900PST) & Tues 6th Sept (0700 PST). Was wondering if any of you guys know where it'll definetly be on, especially given the time they'll be showing?

Oak Lawn, Illinois
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Republic of Ireland on TV

Just remember , never call soccer " football " in the States unless you are looking for a fight because here soccer is a girls sport and football is a mans sport .

Usually if a man watches soccer, they make him sit in a back room with a dress on. A kilt will suffice.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,103 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Republic of Ireland on TV

If it's being shown anywhere then this might be your best bet

http://www.mcmullansirishpub.com/index.shtml

TomC

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Republic of Ireland on TV

Oh I thought you were looking for a show about travel to Ireland on the travel channel on the TV in your room! LOL

Gosh I guess you could check at a sports bar, but I agree that maybe it would be on at McMullans.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Republic of Ireland on TV

September 2nd is a Friday.

McMullan's is definitely your best bet but if you mean 9am on Saturday September 3rd it may be tough. That's the first Saturday of the college football season and that's what will dominate any sports bar then.

Edited: 05 August 2011, 15:36
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Republic of Ireland on TV

Ah yes, American Football is such a mans game isn't it Scarlethawk? Is that why they require 25 lb of padding and a helmet whislt in soccer you get a half inch thick piece of plastic on your shin.

Here's some more reasons why soccer is so much better than that 4 hr bore of a game that you stole off us and bast*rdised: -

1) It's a global sport. Once every four years, someone can actually call themselves World Champions.

2) Players in AF play 60 minutes which are interrupted after each 5-10 second burst with up to a 40 second rest and lengthy commercial breaks – yet some still find the need to hook themselves up to a tank of oxygen during the game. If you need oxygen mid-game in soccer, your mates will kick your head in at full time.

3) You can’t be 375lbs and play soccer. you have to be a fit, not a mirror image of those who are watchnig you play.

4) You don’t have to worry about getting into a sweaty manpile playing with the oppositions bits.

5) Miami Dolphins can’t be relegated. Derby County can.

6) No one outside of NYC cares when the Giants play the Jets, but people all over the world care when Celtic plays Rangers or Roma plays Lazio.

7) A passing percentage of 65% in soccer would get you fired. In AF, you get a fat contract and win awards.

Finally Scarlethawk, you're more than welcome to come over here for the up-and-coming West Ham v Millwall game and tell me it's a game for girls.

You, my friend, are deluded.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Republic of Ireland on TV

Actually, there's a whole lot of "football" on TV these days... and most people don't give a flip what you call it. I'm guessing the guy was trying to be funny. Heck, we even watch women's soccer from time to time.

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Republic of Ireland on TV

roonaldo73. Think scarlethawk was fishing and you just bit.

Mcmullan's sounds like your best bet for the game though. Must be better than Crown and Anchor.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Republic of Ireland on TV

Lol @ Topeka!

Like Blagger said, will be tough if the college football season starts that day!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Republic of Ireland on TV

I personally don't care about sports (well I do host a Super Bowl party every year but honestly that's more an excuse to gather the friends and drink beer and eat nachos and those little hot dogs wrapped in the puff pastry, but I digress), so am fascinated by the passion with which people will defend their particular favorite team or sport...

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Republic of Ireland on TV

Hands up, I took the bait!

Thanks all for the suggestion. MucMullan's, I take it, will be open at 9am?

Will ask the barman turn off the College Football and put some proper football on. Sure that'll go down a treat.