We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Platinum Hotel and Spa

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Topic
Platinum Hotel and Spa

Is the Platinum Hotel and Spa worthy of the #1 spot in the TA hotel list?

Orange, California
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Platinum Hotel and Spa

Probably not. It is good value and a nice property. But is away from the strip, would not stay there if I was first timer or not a frequent Vegas visitor.

It was fine for us and a great rate on a Fri/Sat stay, before moving on to the Strip proper.

vancouver
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Platinum Hotel and Spa

Worthy? If it has the votes it's worthy, imho.

What's really funny to me is how I see regulars on this board recommend hotels on here all the time and rarely include most of the hotels in the top 10. Mainly because omg they are not on The Strip. Obviously for a lot of people that is not so important.

And this is not a dis aimed at you trueblue001. At least you stayed there and have an informed opinion so props.

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Platinum Hotel and Spa

At face value, no The Platinum Hotel couldn't possibly deserve the top spot in the hotel rankings. However, Las Vegas may be the only location in the world where you spend more time in other hotels than you do in your own. Most of the time I frequent Qua Baths and Spa yet have never had a room at Caesar's. I've had excellent meals at Envy Steakhouse but have no plans to ever stay at the Renaissance. When I saw Gamboa fight last September was I booked at the Palms? Nope.

The Platinum will do quite well if your evaluation is based on the room. The Princess suite is awesome. A generous 1150 square feet (not goosed up by the full balcony) with a full kitchen and washer/dryer, I've made Platinum my Vegas home twice. Its like transporting my apartment to within a measly 5 minute walk to the strip.

My only complaint is the bathroom. Instead of one obscenely oversized bathroom, there should be a second half bath. Poorly designed in my opinion.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Platinum Hotel and Spa

The TA ratings are a curious animal. They're compiled based on the ratings provided by those who submit reviews so are more a case of judging guests' satisfaction in response to their expectations rather than whether or not a hotel is actually "the best". That explains why Desert Rose is ranked higher than Wynn. Nobody imagines it's a better hotel but its guests were presumably extremely happy with the overall experience they received compared to what they actually expected.

Platinum obviously more than fulfills the needs and expectations of its guests but don't for one minute expect it to match the quality of service and attention to detail you'll find at TA's #2, Four Seasons or #4, Mandarin Oriental. The fact that Staybridge Suites sits between those two at #3 shows how the TA ratings are something of a minefield!

Edited: 06 August 2011, 12:34
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Platinum Hotel and Spa

The same can be said of the restaurant ratings. In-N-Out Burger is rated number 5. I don't think anyone would believe it is the fifth best restaurant in Vegas. It is what it is, a good, fast food burger joint. It serves its purpose but it should not be considered a restaurant not to be missed when visiting Vegas.

Most first time visitors would be better served by staying on the strip rather than off strip or downtown. After visiting Vegas a few times a strip location may not be as important.

6. Re: Platinum Hotel and Spa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 19:16