We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where would you stay to celebrate ,,,,

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
19,451 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Where would you stay to celebrate ,,,,

a landmark wedding anniversary?

We will have 3 nights in LV at the end of a trip. Unfortunately, they will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights when prices are at their highest. We have a limited budget so doubt if it will stretch to the grander hotels on the Strip. So, please some help is maximising our funds and helping us celebrate in style!

We have been to LV once before, stayed in the Bellagio when we got an ultra low season steal of a deal. As this will be towards the end of September, we're unlikely to be so lucky.

So, which hotels offer deals for people celebrating something? What do they offer? What other suggestions do you have to make our stay special?

We wish to see a CduS show. We've seen O. How would we get discount seats, if at all, for say Mystere on the Sunday night?

Any other tips from those in the know?

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where would you stay to celebrate ,,,,

What is your budget per night? You can try looking on www.smartervegas.com for hotel discount codes.

Hotwire/priceline may be a option as well. As far as I know, none of the hotels give special deals for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

USA
Level Contributor
939 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where would you stay to celebrate ,,,,

Check out the Cirque website:

cirquedusoleil.com/specials/…index.htm

They are running an excellent summer special right now for their Las Vegas shows (as low as 2 tix for $100!) I suggest LOVE and Mystere. LOVE is my personal fave LV show Cirque or not.

As far a a hotel...your budget would be helpful...but, if you are looking for something less than Bellagio and a weekend rate...then I suggest Paris for an anniversary. If that is still too high, then you might try Planet Hollywood (particularly if you are under 40). If that is still above your budget, I suggest Monte Carlo for a relatively nicer lower priced option.

Have a great trip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where would you stay to celebrate ,,,,

Check out www.lowcostusa.co.uk - excellent prices and deals currently on hotels. A few Brits on this site have used this site and it's Abta protected.

A landmark wedding anniversary? Hands down, The Wynn ...mind you I'd stay there on any excuse - can't beat it in my view!

Ayrshire, Scotland
Level Contributor
439 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where would you stay to celebrate ,,,,

If your funds dont stretch to the very top end hotels - Wynn, Encore, Venetian, Bellagio, etc then I would go to The Mirage. Its a lovely hotel and in a good location if you are only there 3 days to visit the ''nicer'' hotels mentioned. Its also home to the Cirque show ''Love'' which would be my choice before Mystere.

Dont know that you will get a special deal anywhere for an anniversary - you have to remember that at any one weekend in Vegas there must be something like half the people there are celebrating something special.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
19,451 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where would you stay to celebrate ,,,,

Thanks all for the suggestions so far.

Yes I'm aware that Vegas is a popular destination for celebrations and anniversaries. I wasn't expecting any hotel to give me a room deal per se for my particular reason - we didn't decide to go to Vegas for our anniversary, it just happened that we finish our trip there as we fly back to the UK from there, and the dates just coincide so we thought we'd make an effort. I was more thinking along the lines of whether any hotel does a package where for a set price, you get champers and chocs, flowers or ever a spa treat deal that somebody knew was good value and a nice thing to add to a hotel stay for something a bit special.

Thanks for the CduS link, I'll look into that, Love and Mystere are now my short list.

SWT

Brighton
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where would you stay to celebrate ,,,,

Have a look at Qua, the spa at Caesars Palace. They have a great special offer which is a massage and use of their stylish spa for $99. I believe they also have couples' rooms so you can get your massage at the same time - harrahs.com/qua-caesars-palace/special-offer…

Some of the hotels mentioned e.g. Mirage and Monte Carlo, also charge an extra resort fee so special deals might not be as good as they seem.

For shows, check travelzoo, broadwaybox, goldstar, lasvegasadvisor and smartervegas - all .com. The latter two also have very good hotel deals. You can get some great restaurant deals through restaurant.com - use the discount code on couponmom.code for an extra discount so you can get $50 worth of food for $6 or similar.

Happy anniversary!

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
19,451 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where would you stay to celebrate ,,,,

Thanks for the further info.

Sorry to sound dumb ....how do couponmum and restaurant.com codes and coupons work?

SWT

Norfolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
227 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where would you stay to celebrate ,,,,

I would say Paris would be a good choice. Stay there 3 times with the wife and she loves it. Great Breakfast buffet and she loves the spa also. Location can not be beat as it is Middle strip. It is also a bit less expensive than the likes of Bellagio and Wynn.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,857 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where would you stay to celebrate ,,,,

Many people use restaurant.com certificates. If you want a special meal for the anniversary, check to see if they still have Mix at Mandalay Bay as one of their offerings.

Check places like BroadwayBox.com and travelzoo.com for shows and discounts to various things and do check smartervegas.com. It's one of my favorite websites.

Have a wonderful trip and an early Happy Anniversary to you!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
157 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where would you stay to celebrate ,,,,

My wife and I have just been thru this for a big b-day for me. We have a very middle class budget, but this is special. We looked at Wynn, (our favorite), Cosmo, a balcony would be great, stayed at Bellagio and for whatever reason just didn't like it, just a little prentenious for us. We have been to LV many times and stayed many places, but for us the place that made us feel most special and at a reasonable price was TheHotel. They are true suites, and even if they ae beginning to show their age just a tad they are very nice. They have excellent facilities with access to Mandolay Bay ammenities. Mix is a great place for cocktails before your big night out. Take a look at the pictures of the rooms, they really are nice and sometimes if you look they have some very good rate specials at places like Smarter Vegas.