We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Nugget- Private Arrangements Program

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
460 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Nugget- Private Arrangements Program

Has anyone used or received Private Arrangements points lately???

Just wondering if my points would still be honored as I see nothing about this on their web site.

I guess I could call their general number and ask....but using TA seems like a more interesting approach!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,876 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Nugget- Private Arrangements Program

They still honor and award points , but only to existing members - no new participants are being taken. We arrive tomorrow and made our arrangements through Private Arrangements and paid for our room last April with PA points.

No doubt in my mind that they aren't going out of their way to encourage participation- they used to award double or even triple points at some slow times in the past- but we haven't been offered those in ages- but the program does still exist if you were "grandfathered in."

For those who are wondering , the Private Arrangements program at GN gives points for each night you book and lets you use the points to pay for your future rooms ( usually 4 nights= 1 free weekday night ) but they stopped taking new members a few years ago- it's a great program for low rollers like us- at least we get something even if we don't gamble there.

I don't know how much longer they will have it- so we cash in points much more often now - so we won't get stuck if they disband it completely.

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Nugget- Private Arrangements Program

Yes, we have used Private Arrangement at Golden Nugget. I don't think the program is open to new customers right now. If you are already a member, they will let you use it. I believe the lady told me if you get 10 points, you get one free night in a regular room. I think a point may be one night's stay. The benefits seem pretty minimal. Maybe someone else knows more about it than I do.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,876 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Nugget- Private Arrangements Program

It's generally 25 points awarded for each night's stay and 100 points needed for a free night- so one free night for every four days stay. Years ago they sometimes had special offers of double or triple points for reservations in slow times of year- but not recently.

We just returned from the Nugget and have been Private Arrangement members for almost 10 years, The program is still in operation , but no new members are being admitted. In addition, people making reservations through Private Arrangements are no longer being given the Golden Values "fun book" when registering. When we questioned where our fun book was the desk clerk got a bit uncomfortable and said something like " well, they have recently stopped giving them for Private Arrangements as well as for many other discounted reservations." It just made us a bit peeeved as this was not the case in the past. I think they would like it if all of us stopped using Private Arrangements for our reservations. In our opinion, it was a much better program before the new owners took over- they seem to not be welcoming to participation.

4. Re: Golden Nugget- Private Arrangements Program

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 21:17