We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My buffet opinion

Rome
Level Contributor
199 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
My buffet opinion

Just returned from a 10 days vacation, and I've thinked to write down my personal buffet chart (all of them already visited in previous trip excepted Wicked Spoon, first visit).

Please note that in my opinion these are the some of the best options in Vegas, so the last standing is still a good option.

Here we go:

#5 Rio. Probably quality is not the best, but there is a huge choice and I always pay a visit.

Mexican corner, asian corner, american and italian corner, all with lots of options. Only here you can find some fried plates like different kinds of fish and others. Settings sure are the worst among the five, so as desserts

# 4 Wynn. It used to be my favourite, but for some reason I've increased my disappointment in last visits.

Nothing changes, never a new dish, not a wide choices as others.

Dessert are still the best or close to, settings (especially in the main lobby) very nice. But it lacks of a WOW factor

#3 Sterling Brunch. Quality is sure the best, but options, especially for hot plates, are very small. I think 2 or 3 main courses, no more

Only here you can find lobster, caviar, filet mignon, oysters, perrier jouet, with an outstanding service and setting.

Dessert used to be better, price (as you may know) is very steeper than other (more than double the price)

#2 Bellagio. Maybe friday (and saturday) is better than other days, sure I love the variety of options and quality.

Everything is fine, meat, fish, wide and tasty options of pasta (I'm italian, and I can assure they have the best pasta of all buffets), great desserts, and I love those quails, I think I ate 5 or 6!!!

#1 Wicked Spoon @Cosmopolitan.

Hands down, my new favourite.

When I started walking around I thinked "Finally something new in a buffet!". It's not the fact many dishes come in pre-settled portions (I'm used to take really small amount, smaller than they have, then eventually have a second trip), but the fact they have different options from other buffets.

Quality is really good, some dishes were really tasty (I loved gratin potatoes with truffles!!!), and choice was really wide.

Setting is fine, desserts are very good as eye-candy, a bit worse than expected when tasted.

Anyway, a really good buffet. My only complain I tried it on my last day, so I couldn't repeat.

Hope this could help

Dover, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,739 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My buffet opinion

Thanks for you report.

We also like the Rio and felt that Wynn, one of our favorites has gone down a bit.

WIcked spoon ( never tried yet) sounds interesting but, and I may be misinterpreting comments of some, has a limited selection (one of the attractions of RIo and M Resort to us).

Rome
Level Contributor
199 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My buffet opinion

Not so limited in my opinion.

There were plenty of choices.

Not as Rio, but quite similar to Wynn as quantity.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,029 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My buffet opinion

I'm with you on Sterling. I actually wouldn't ever bother to go again. I'm not opposed to spending money for meals, but there is absolutely no way the quality even comes close to delivering.

I'm interested in trying the weekend brunch at Simon or The New Orleans Brunch at The Country Club instead.

As for buffets, did you really do all those buffets in one trip? Ugh!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My buffet opinion

I heard that Wicked Spoon though, no king crab legs and meats were not as varied. Also was reading that because everything is cooked in those smaller containers, many of the items are overcooked.

Thoughts?

I am more curious about protein selections: meat, fish and seafood.

AZ
Level Contributor
3,675 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My buffet opinion

I am in the minority but I was totally unimpressed with the Wicked Spoon. We went for brunch, which is more pricey and I don't know what I was expecting, but it just did not get it IMHO. No crab legs and the breakfast selections were hard to find and few. Maybe the biggest disappointment was that there were no red velvet pancakes on our visit. I agree with the last post about the small portions being overcooked also. FWIW though, I like the Rio for selection - never been to M.

buffalo,new york
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My buffet opinion

I agree 100% fairy,wicked spoon at the Cosmo is hands down my favorite buffet in Vegas,we do them all on our trips but I think wicked spoon will be the only one I eat at for now on

buffalo,new york
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My buffet opinion

I agree 100% fairy,wicked spoon at the Cosmo is hands down my favorite buffet in Vegas,we do them all on our trips but I think wicked spoon will be the only one I eat at for now on

AUSTIN
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My buffet opinion

My vote is for the 24 hour pass.I love the RIO and Harrahs is seriously under rated.If you do the pass Caesars buffet overall is lame but the desert bar is to die for.I recommend trying to cram it in as a last stop before your pass expires.We did this one night prior to the show and it was great.Key lime pie, creme brule, amazing tarts and cookies.

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: My buffet opinion

Thank you for your up to date rankings Fabry73. Wicked Spoon and Bellagio are my top two as well.

Rome
Level Contributor
199 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My buffet opinion

mgg 42: Yes, did them all in a single trip. 10 days, 5 buffet, it's 1 every 2 days.

Quite suitable in my opinion, considering I generally have a light breakfast and only a main lunch/dinner :)

I'd still suggest Sterling Brunch for the experience and the particular selection (lobster, oysters and caviars are still a great sight), but sure is less a buffet than others as for selections

itryalot: crab legs were there. I didn't eat them, though, because I'm not a big crab legs lover. So I can't say anything about.

About seafood, I remember huge (and quite tastier than other buffets) jumbo shrimp.

Didn't notice the overcooking issue, and I didn't like overcooked items at all.

Sorry, I can't remember specific fish or meat choices, but I considered them similar (by number) to Wynn or other buffets.