We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant week 2011

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
373 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurant week 2011

Hi all,

A little while back someone posted a link to a website with info re: restaurant week 2011. It showed which restaurants were taking part & their menu's.

I have searched the Three Square website & the forum search op[tion on here, but I can't find the page.

Can anyone help me out?

Thank you

northants
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant week 2011

Google is your friend :-)

www.helpoutdineoutlv.org/restaurants/menus

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
116 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant week 2011

We'll arrive late on Thursday 8th so will only have a few days to enjoy this.

I think we'll try Alize, Milos and Lupo.

Since we have a different system for restaurant-bills in Holland, I'd really like for you to check if I am counting correctly:

$100 for 2 meals and about $20 for drinks (we only drink soda/juice). This makes $120, so add $25 for tip and about $10 for tax. Total cost about $155?

(Also wondering about September 11th: would it be strange to have a fancy dinner on this date, or is it 'business as usual' in Vegas?)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
373 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant week 2011

Thank you Honey - I did try google, but still couldn't find it! Must have been having a blonde moment!

I'm not as au fait with American tipping as some Birgit, but my understanding is you tip 15 - 20% of the bill total. 15% if it was bad, 20% or more if it was good.

I can't help you re: Sept 11th, altho I'll be there myself then!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant week 2011

Tax will be added for you on your check. No need to work it out for yourself. Then tip based on the total. Think 20% and you'll be fine. If service isn't as efficient as you'd expect don't automatically lower the tip as there's every chance it may not be your server's fault. Ask to speak to a manager if you have any concerns.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,111 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant week 2011

"(Also wondering about September 11th: would it be strange to have a fancy dinner on this date, or is it 'business as usual' in Vegas?)"

Won't be strange at all. Certainly people remember the events on that day, and this is the 10th anniversary now so there will be more news coverage and other events to commemorate that. But everything will be open and functioning as usual, with 99% of people going about their business as normal.

September 11th is opening day for NFL (American Football) this year for most teams,also. So expect big crowds in sports books and bars.

6. Re: Restaurant week 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 06:15