We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best part of strip?

Gallatin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
best part of strip?

my husband and I are going in a few months to LV and wondered which part of the strip is best to stay (ie., neat hotels, cleanliness, construction)?

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best part of strip?

The entire strip is a mix of good and not so great. You have Wynn/Encore to the far north, Four Seasons/Mandalay to the far south, and some very nice places in between. You should choose by the hotel that offers the price and amenities you want. Don't worry about being "on the wrong side of the strip."

nmbjs
Level Contributor
518 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best part of strip?

North strip looks like a Mad Max movie.

Center strip is where many of the attractions are located and also has the highest density of properties.

South strip is a little less crowded.

NW Arkansas
Level Contributor
801 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best part of strip?

South is great with MGM/NYNY/Luxor/Mandalay Bay, Mid strip is also great with Bellagio/CP/Mirage, and Wynn in the north. I tend to either stay at MGM or NYNY which gives close access to all those mentioned or midstrip, but it really is a question of where I can get the best deal because you really can't go wrong.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,075 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best part of strip?

Location on the Strip doesn't matter, we stay at the hotel that will provide us the best value and experience for that trip. It's not like we can't get anywhere that we want to go.

But as far as overall quality of hotels nothing comes close to what most would consider the mid-north area. Encore/Wynn, Palazzo/Venetian, Mirage, and TI all within easy walking distance, in addition to the Fashion Show Mall. What makes this the best area is the fact that there are no economy properties here. That isn't true on any other part of the Strip.

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best part of strip?

The part where you have your feet...

Nevada
Level Contributor
3,234 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: best part of strip?

Location is everything when considering where to stay. How much walking do you want to do? How many taxis' do you intend on using?

The Bellagio is the main attraction on the strip, with its fountains and conservatory. Any hotel near the Bellagio will give you a central location. Caesars, Cosmo, Aria, PH, Paris, Ballys, Flamingo are all near the Bellagio.

As far as construction, not much is going on right now. There is a new Walgreens going up next to Planet Hollywood. Most other construction is at a stand still.

There are really 3 areas on the strip, South, Central and North. All have good and not so good areas. You can find hotels in a variety of price ranges in all areas.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: best part of strip?

The best part of the strip? Every inch of it!!

Whitehorse, Canada
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best part of strip?

Its the Strip....could it get any better...?

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best part of strip?

I prefer the center where Harrahs, Mirage, are Caesars are. Lots of good restaurants, and Caesars has lots of shopping areas available. We've stayed down on the MGM end and felt a little isolated. Some people love that area best. We've stayed in Venetian. That part is nice, too. It's not hard to get to center strip from there. Where ever you can get the nicest hotel for the best price willl be fine. You can get anywhere on the strip pretty easily because of the monorail and various little trams between certain hotels. It's a little hard in the heat of the day, but the rest of the time, it's not too bad if you walk pretty well. It doesn't cost much to take a taxi from one end to the other. We like downtown, too. It's so easy to get from one hotel to the other down there. It's also not usually so crowded. The only bad thing for me about downtown is that you have to go to the strip for the big shows. Hope you have a great trip.

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,850 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best part of strip?

I am assuming this is your first time staying in Vegas. Stay as close as possible to the intersection of Las Vegas Blvd (the Strip) and Flamingo Rd, and you should be OK for location.