We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caesars Palace - Are Coloseum 2nd Mezzanine Seats OK?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
114 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Caesars Palace - Are Coloseum 2nd Mezzanine Seats OK?

We'll be in LV and staying at Caesars while Rod Stewart is performing in the Coloseum. The least expensive seats are in the 2nd mezzanine, are the seats here ok or should we seriously consider pricier seats? Is there a way to get a break on tickets for Caesars hotel guests.

Has anyone seen one of his concerts recently, do he still have it?

Thank you.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
114 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caesars Palace - Are Coloseum 2nd Mezzanine Seats OK?

Bump.

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caesars Palace - Are Coloseum 2nd Mezzanine Seats OK?

Those seats aren't bad. I prefer the ones closer. Usually in the coloseum, they have big screens on the sides so you can see those. You won't really be able to see much in the way of facial expression and such from there without the screens. The rear orchestra is good if you can get that. The sound will be just fine in the second mezzanine. I think those seats will be OK. As I said, I prefer to be closer when I can, but I'd go and sit in those seats without hesitation if that's what I had. They will be fine. We saw him at MGM a few years ago. It was a good show. Enjoy!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,888 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caesars Palace - Are Coloseum 2nd Mezzanine Seats OK?

Even from the first mezzanine we mostly watched on the big screens - too far away to really make out faces, but you could hear great.

yeah, I think he's still got it, love Rod.

california
Level Contributor
893 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caesars Palace - Are Coloseum 2nd Mezzanine Seats OK?

Ive seen several shows at Coloeseum. There isnt a bad seat in the house. Rather cozy place. Great acoustics

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,888 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caesars Palace - Are Coloseum 2nd Mezzanine Seats OK?

I agree the acoustics are fine but really, I think it's a huuuge theater. I think the only bigger one I've been in has been Radio City Music Hall. Do you really think it's cozy?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,888 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caesars Palace - Are Coloseum 2nd Mezzanine Seats OK?

Ok, just to satisfy my own curiosity, I looked up the capacity of some large city theaters I've been in...

The Colosseum Theater at Caesars Palace is bigger than:

The Wang Center in Boston

The Kodak Theater and the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in LA

The Metropolitan Opera House in New York

It is, as I thought, smaller than Radio City Music Hall.

I just get upset when people call it a "small, intimate, cozy" theater because I believed that when I bought my Rod tickets, based on what I read here, and would have gladly paid for better seats had I realized what an enormous place it is. I'm sure if you're sitting in the first 10 rows you think it's nice and cozy. But I really think people should know what they are paying for.

You can see everything great on the screens, but that's not why I go to see a live performance.

california
Level Contributor
893 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caesars Palace - Are Coloseum 2nd Mezzanine Seats OK?

Ive been to several venue's that larger than coloseum. Ive seen shows at MGM, Staples Center and MSG. Much bigger than RCMH and coloseum.

Newington
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Caesars Palace - Are Coloseum 2nd Mezzanine Seats OK?

you guys think this place is big? I didn't get that impression...I sat in the 2nd mezz for Elton John and it was great. I sat 2nd row from the stage for Celine and while yeah it was pretty cool the price was outrageous and I think doing it over again I would take the cheaper seats in the 2nd mezz.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,888 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Caesars Palace - Are Coloseum 2nd Mezzanine Seats OK?

No, no, apples and oranges! This is a theater, not an arena!

If you're going to make that comparison I agree with you, but people don't usually expect theaters to be this large.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,888 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Caesars Palace - Are Coloseum 2nd Mezzanine Seats OK?

Ok, it's me. I'm crazy. We knew that. So, goodnight all.