We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 hotels .....which one for an 8 night stay

Currumbin, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
4 hotels .....which one for an 8 night stay

Hi

We are 2 couples coming from Australia to Las Vegas in August for the first time.

We have 8 nights and have narrowed it down to The Mirage, Treasure Island,The Alladin or New York New York.

Any input on which hotel and room type we shoudl choose would be great.....I have read hotel reviews and am totally confused.

Thank you for your help

South Carolina
Level Contributor
3,107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 hotels .....which one for an 8 night stay

Of the 4 mirage has the best pool which will be important in August - see if you can get adjoining rooms or if your budget will take it a hospitality suite - two bedrooms, living room and wet bar - floor plans are available on their site

Derry, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
673 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 hotels .....which one for an 8 night stay

TI's rooms are nicely decorated, roomy, and the bathrooms are very spacious. You would be very comfortable there for 8 days. The only downside is that the pool is very basic. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's smaller than the Mirage's and isn't as asthetically pleasing.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 hotels .....which one for an 8 night stay

Aladdin - major construction issues. See countless other posts and reviews on this site.

I'd say it's between Mirage and NYNY. If you want to party NYNY is better. If you want more laid back sophistication, I'd go for Mirage.

OCNY
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 hotels .....which one for an 8 night stay

All are fine, but Mirage is clearly the class of the lot. Best central location, best pool, best facilities and ambiance. It's an easy decision, IMO.

Aladdin will still be under construction in its changeover to Planet Hollywood. I wouldn't take the chance on an 8-day, first-time trip.

Treasure Island was built as a more affordable alternative to Mirage next door. Good, but not as good.

NY NY is fun, but like TI not quite in the same class as Mirage, and not as centrally located.

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 hotels .....which one for an 8 night stay

Drake says, "All are fine, but Mirage is clearly the class of the lot. Best central location, best pool, best facilities and ambiance. It's an easy decision, IMO. "

I totally agree with him . . . and his rationale in other comments as well.

Mountaineer Country
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 hotels .....which one for an 8 night stay

8 nights pick two. NYNY for first 3/4 and Mirage for second half.

Austin, TX.
Level Contributor
4,889 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 hotels .....which one for an 8 night stay

For eight nts. I would spend 2 in Vegas, then fly to Reno and spend 4 at Lake Tahoe and then go back to Vegas for 2 nts.

Flights from Vegas to Reno/Tahoe typically cost about $100 R/T and take an hour.

EIGHT straight nts. at the same place in Vegas is NUTS...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 hotels .....which one for an 8 night stay

I'm from Perth Australia, have been to Vegas about a dozen times, travel to Vegas once a year if dollar is good and will be there in June. There is no problem spending 8 days in one hotel as checking in and out can be a pain in the but being your first time you may want to spend 4 nights at Aladdin or NYNY and then 4 nights at Mirage or TI. That way you can explore one end of the strip for 4 days and then the other end for the last 4 days. I'm staying 8 nights Orleans Hotel, 2 nights Laughlin & 4 nights Aladdin.

colorado
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 hotels .....which one for an 8 night stay

Another vote for the Mirage. Great pool area, decent restaurants, and right around the corner are the forum shops with shopping and more restaurants.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 hotels .....which one for an 8 night stay

First of all, you're crazy to spend 8 days in Las Vegas...Believe me, after the 4th day, you will want to leave...It's just sensory overload...But that's just my opinion.

Mirage, Hands down...

p.s it will be boiling hot in August. 40-43C no joke....