We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best "discount" Show?

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
243 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Best "discount" Show?

Hello and thanks in advance for any replies~

Hubby and I will be in LV next weekend for my 40-something birthday. Have been many times, always stay downtown at GN and love it.

My question is, being a huge deal/value/budget person, we are trying to figure out which "discount" show to see (using ACG or Tickets Tonite, 241, ect)

Really wanted to see LOVE but kinda put off by price (yes, major cheapo!) even with the summer sale.

Not too picky about actual type of show (not topless or anything tho), just something fun, easy and definitly a bargain/discount! About $30 per ticket maybe? Less is better, but willing to go up to $50 for something really cool.

Any reccomendations or ideas?

Thanks!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,567 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,034 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
226 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best "discount" Show?

Mac king at harrahs was great and I think we paid about $10 each. Most days harrahs has a girl walking around handing out the coupons.

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
243 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best "discount" Show?

Yes that is a consideration but we were kinda looking for something maybe a few steps up from that, and in the evening too ~

basically wanted some input on what everyone thought was"the best value" show?

thanks again!

USA
Level Contributor
939 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best "discount" Show?

This is a no-brainer...Mac King's afternoon show at Harrahs is the "steal of the strip". He has an engaging and hilarious sense of humor...self-deprecating with no sign of ego. Just a great all around show and it is even safe for kids. Some very good "magic"...a few things I hadn't seen before...but the real draw is Mac King himsef, just a seemingly great guy. And, did I mention, he is hilarious?

USA
Level Contributor
939 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best "discount" Show?

Not sure what you mean by "value" show...I guess I put Mac King in that category since comped tix are easy to get or spend $10 and see him.

The current Summer of Cirque promotion for $50 or $55 tix to Love are an incredible value. Hands down best show on the strip...and that price cannot be beat.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best "discount" Show?

I am going to get booed and heckled for saying this : we got tickets to the Criss Angel Believe show for around $30/person. We thought it was pretty good... we went into it knowing what his show was like, and the fact that it wasn't a true "cirque de soleil" show. We both thought it was good value for the $30. We also got moved from first row balcony to 3rd row from the stage, just for tipping the usher.

We got sucked into the $20 Nathan Burton comedy/buffet deal. I thought that was waaay worse than Criss Angel, and the buffet @ the Flamingo didn't do it for me either! :)

Edited: 17 August 2011, 21:52
USA
Level Contributor
939 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best "discount" Show?

Boo hiss....couldn't pay me to see Criss Angel again - well, guess you could but it would have to be over $200 and you would have to provide me a barf bag, earplugs and pillow. Ugh.

colorado
Level Contributor
771 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best "discount" Show?

Carrot top is hilarious and we have always been able get tix at tix4tonight fir about $65 for 2 tix during the week

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best "discount" Show?

Haha, I knew it was coming!

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best "discount" Show?

Its your birthday! Go see Love and love it :) The summer deal is fabulous and you won't regret it, promise.

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
243 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best "discount" Show?

thanks for all your input, it is very helpful!

Hubby loves Chris Angel but I would not be able to stand it!

Love Carrot Top, saw him years ago at a State fair and he was outrageously funny! Great price for tix4tonite, that is a possibility too.

Really thinking we might just go for the LOVE show, I've wanted to see it for a while and it's gets such great reviews here too.

Just wanted to be sure there were no hidden gems out there that I needed to be aware of!