We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Likely timing for BA and Virgin sale flights - June 2012?

London
Level Contributor
211 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Likely timing for BA and Virgin sale flights - June 2012?

We have a party of about 40 coming over to Las Vegas for our wedding next year. Direct flights are pretty steep at the moment at around £720 rtn pp.

Any idea when (if) these are likely to be in BA and Virgin flight sales? People are wanting to book already! Would like to be able to give some guidance! Thanks :)

Mentioned in this post
Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,667 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Free Cancellation
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,168 Reviews
from US$139.99*
US$224.90
Free Cancellation
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
919 Reviews
from US$598.99*
Free Cancellation
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Likely timing for BA and Virgin sale flights - June 2012?

Also try asking here.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

Good luck!

London
Level Contributor
211 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Likely timing for BA and Virgin sale flights - June 2012?

Thanks, Blagger - will do!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
397 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Likely timing for BA and Virgin sale flights - June 2012?

for that many people, you probably should call the airline direct...

London
Level Contributor
211 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Likely timing for BA and Virgin sale flights - June 2012?

Thanks. The plan is that they will probably book separately as they might all be out for different lengths of time. We need some guidance about when to expect (if at all) the flight prices to head downwards a little so that people don't end up overpaying for the flights!

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Likely timing for BA and Virgin sale flights - June 2012?

Hello,

I use to work as a Travel Agent in the UK! If you book early the better price. Direct flights with the airline seem to be more expensive. I purchase through Thomas Cook and got a great deal!!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
22,037 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Likely timing for BA and Virgin sale flights - June 2012?

While it is probable there will be some sort of BA/Virgin sale before you travel in my experience the flights available during the sale cover specific routes/dates rather than the full schedule.

I have also found that the number of seats available at the sale price is limited and I would think it unlikely that you would find 40 seats at a sale price for June 2012.

If this was me I'd start by talking to the airlines to establish whether there are any discounts available for a group booking.

TomC

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Likely timing for BA and Virgin sale flights - June 2012?

We're heading out in Sept for our wedding...we done alot of research and general opinion was to book the flights asap once they become avaliable. As the nearer the time and with demand for the seats on the plane going up, the airlines prices go up accordingly.

We ended up booking as soon as they became avaliable (virgin flights from gatwick) and have watch the flights religiously and have not yet seen them cheaper than when they were 1st realsed, even through sale periods...infact the same flights are now £110 extra per person if we were to book them just now.

Good luck with the flight search and all the best for your big day!

North east england
Level Contributor
752 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Likely timing for BA and Virgin sale flights - June 2012?

We booked our tickets as soon as they came available also, and we got a good deal, also through Thomas Cook. We are travelling to Vegas May 2012 to get married - can't wait!!! trip all booked and sorted (also going to san fran and LA).... sometimes it pays just to get them booked, then not keep looking at the prices, i'd rather be booked at a slightly higher price, than leave it to last minute and not get availability!! Good luck.x

Mentioned in this post
Hungerford, United...
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Likely timing for BA and Virgin sale flights - June 2012?

Try costing the BA flights with something else included e.g. hotel or car hire (if you wanted a car). When I flew LHR-LAS with BA, flight only = £700, flight and car = £500!!

Also try looking at non-direct options, they can be a few hundred cheaper, if cost is more improtant than travel time.

London
Level Contributor
456 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Likely timing for BA and Virgin sale flights - June 2012?

I got excited when I saw the last comment. BA flights are £709 and the with car it was £939 each so it was £400 for a £200 car.

oh well i hoped for a while!