We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new york roller coaster

mi
Level Contributor
272 posts
Save Topic
new york roller coaster

Has anyone rode and rated the coaster. Is it worth it to a thrill ride junkie

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,547 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,005 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
347 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: new york roller coaster

I love rides and especially love roller coasters. I liked the concept of this one but it is poorly designed. My head bounced from side to side in the head restraint, so I think I swore throughout the 90 second ride. I felt lucky to disembark without a concussion! lol

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,584 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new york roller coaster

I rode it, it wasn't really fun, very bumpy and it ripped a hair chip outta my hair. It's over priced too. I think the zipline downtown was more fun and more of a thrill.

Orange, California
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new york roller coaster

Agree, it's a rough ride.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
685 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new york roller coaster

If you have any pre-existing neck problems / injuries, avoid this ride. If you wish to challenge it, pre-dose with ibuprofen.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: new york roller coaster

That's got to be the roughest roller coaster around. I felt like I had been in a car wreak afterwards.

oswego,ny
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new york roller coaster

i too thought it was a rough ride- liked "speed" much better but that is now gone- the strat has some amazing stuff to get your heart pumping!!!

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new york roller coaster

I haven't but my teen daughter did and she said it was the roughest coaster she's ever been on

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
7,452 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: new york roller coaster

As someone who rides every roller coaster they can, I didn't find it as bad as it's reputation (Manhattan Express = ManHurtin' Express). I rode it twice in a row and liked it.

Aerosmith's Rockin' Roller Coaster at Disney is worse. Farenheit at Hersheypark is rougher, too.

It's worth a ride if you are trying to build up your coaster list. It took me about seven trips to Vegas before I bothered since I had heard it wasn't great, but I'm glad I finally went on it. (same week I tried skydiving for the first time, so it didn't top that, but still fun.)

I like the Big Shot at the top of the Stratosphere better, but of course that's comparing apples to oranges.

Edmonton Canada
Level Contributor
960 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: new york roller coaster

I also seem to remember it as very rough .

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
516 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: new york roller coaster

Its a fun ride worth a go, it does throw you about for me that's part of the fun

Burnie