We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting married in vegas october, help please

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
87 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
getting married in vegas october, help please

Got a load of questions. We are both going alone without relatives or friends as we dont want any fuss. So a recommended chapel, nothing fancy but nice,do we do anything b4 leaving uk? and what documents do we need? suggestions for cheap car hire as we plan to visit LA. Also how do we get best deals for hotels? We going for two wks prob book ist nite somewhere b4 leaving uk, then look around when we get to Vegas? Is it best just to walk in off street? On a budget so would like to spend £400-£500 on accomodation even less if poss, but not a dive. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially re wedding as I havent a clue. Thanks. Karen

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: getting married in vegas october, help please

Congratulations! Now a little advice - slow down and ask the various questions you have separately rather than as one long and somewhat confusing post. You'll get better and more detailed advice that way.

I'll attempt to help with as much as I can. I can't offer advice on chapels but in terms of documents you will need to get a marriage certificate once you're in Vegas. Details here:

clarkcountynv.gov/Depts/clerk/Services/Pages…

Hotels. Book all your Vegas accommodation in advance. NEVER find yourself in LV without a hotel reservation - that could prove an extremely time consuming and expensive mistake. Check this site for offers.

http://www.smartervegas.com/

Be aware that hotel rates are typically 2-3 times higher on Fridays and Saturdays than they are midweek. They can also be high midweek if a large convention or other event is in town. For recommendations your best bet is to tell us the actual dates you're looking at and your budget per night for a hotel in $US.

UK posters will offer the best advice for car rental. You should book and pay for that ahead of your trip using a UK website that includes all required insurance in order to get the best deal.

Once again congratulations and have fun planning your trip and wedding!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: getting married in vegas october, help please

"you will need to get a marriage certificate once you're in Vegas"

Oops! That was meant to say marriage LICENSE. The certificate is what you get after you're actually married. Sorry for any confusion.... :-)

Edited: 21 August 2011, 08:23
england
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting married in vegas october, help please

Hertz appear to be doing the most competitive car hire on the strip at the moment via their website. Book this before you leave as it will be a lot cheaper. Hertz also have desks (not 24 hr) at many hotels on the Strip, not just the airport.

So far as marriages go, you'll find the small private chapels offer packages at various prices. The cheapest will be a 5 minute ceremony, a couple of photos (the photographer will also probably be your witness) and then out - this is what we did, which was fine. In our experience the following information may be useful to you

1. The chapels inside the hotels tend to be more expensive and try to push you in to higher value "packages"

2. If you want traditional wedding attire, it is not cheap to hire, nor is there a lot of easily accessible places to get it (which surprised us). In the end, due to the high cost of hiring some pretty awful traditional attire, we abandoned the idea and just went to the Fashion Show Mall and spent our hire budget on some nice but not traditional smart clothes we could wear later

3. The chapel we used, sadly, is no more. So I can't recommend a particular one

Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
915 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting married in vegas october, help please

Hi Karen, we got married in vegas nearly 6 years ago, we used the Chapel of the Flowers, we booked the package before we went.

You will have to go to the courthouse to get your license, you will need your passport and any divorce papers. We took our birth certificates but they didn't need them. You can fill out your paperwork there then take it to the chapel, that way you don't forget it on the day. They will go through everything with you and send a limo to pick you up. We chose this chapel so that family could watch on the webcam. Our package cost about £300 including a cake, photos and flowers.

Blagger is right, book before you go. You will be lucky to find somewhere for 2 weeks for that kind of money that isn't a dive, but try downtown.

LA is probably about a 8 hour drive away and you will have to tell the hire company that you are taking the car out of state, this will cost more in insurance. Again, I always book in advance, you can do this through Expedia or straight through Hertz etc

PM me if you want any more details.

Jersey UK
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getting married in vegas october, help please

Hi

Friends got married 7 years ago at the chapel in Paris Paris, we stayed at Harrahs and we went for a drive in a limo on way to paris. had a drink in the bar downstairs.

The service very good with lovely words, they had a video of it to bring back. we then had dinner downstairs.

Really depends on what kind of service you want to have.

Mims

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: getting married in vegas october, help please

I was married in Vegas 3 years ago at the Chapel in the Clouds which is high up in the Stratosphere Hotel. I was 100% happy with everything!

http://www.chapelintheclouds.com/

Once you decide where you want to get married, a wedding planner will help you with all the details-you don't need to stress and try to figure it out on your own.

Good luck!

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: getting married in vegas october, help please

Hi Karen

We got married in Vegas 2 years ago and organised everything msyelf, We got married at the Treasure Island and packages start from $400 plus, Quite a few people getting marred at the chapel of flowers which gets excellent reviews.

I can hgihly recommend my photographer and Hairdresser etc.

Give me a private message if you want any more info.

Sarah

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: getting married in vegas october, help please

http://www.las-vegas-weddings.co.uk/

Have a good look around on this website.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: getting married in vegas october, help please

We got married at Caesars Palace in the Venus Garden. It was beautiful and simple. If you would like to see pictures, send me a PM with your email address.

10. Re: getting married in vegas october, help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 August 2011, 19:05