We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me choose hotel

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Help me choose hotel

Looking for opinions...

Decided to extend my stay for 2 nights over the holiday weekend.

Of course, Sunday Sept 4th, is a bit pricey on the strip. I have got it down to 2 choices. The Aria for $199 + tax & resort fee, with a $75 resort credit or The Orleans comped.

I really like being mid strip. I'll probably spend a few bucks in taxis if I stay at the Orleans, so I'm leaning towards Aria.

What would you do, if you were me?

Thanks.

Edited: 23 August 2011, 18:03
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me choose hotel

Are those really your only two options? Aria isn't really "center strip" but I guess it's close. I almost got lost in that place last time I was there. Can't you stay somewhere mid strip for less then Aria? How about Bally's, or Harrah's?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me choose hotel

Simple for me. I'd never stay at the Orleans (or Bally's or Harrah's), so Aria it is.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,193 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me choose hotel

Where are you spending the 1st part of your trip? Does it mean moving to Orleans or just staying there?

I am making the exact same decision for our trip in October.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me choose hotel

Cab rides to/from the strip are going to be a lot cheaper than the cost of staying at Aria. Flip side of the coin is this, you'd be on the strip and Aria is an awfully lot nicer than Orleans. It all depends on what you want, nice or extra $ in your pocket.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me choose hotel

Just to be clear about my point, I'd rather stay at Aria as well, but he's really comparing two totally different properties. (one very nice property for $200/night and one "dumpy" property that would be comped) I was just trying to give him an option that is center strip and would be somewhere int he middle on price. If money is not an object, by all means go with the Aria!!

Grays, Essex
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me choose hotel

Hey. Hope your having a lovely holiday.

Ok so if you want to stay at a hotel in the centre of the strip then the following hotels are ideal - Imperial Palace (not to expensive), Ballys, Planet Hollywood, Ceasars Palace, Flamingo.

Been vegas 4 times so if theres anything else you wanna know then give me a holla and have a great time.

7. Re: Help me choose hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 August 2011, 21:05
Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,515 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me choose hotel

You don't have to pay a taxi if you are staying at the Orleans...they have a shuttle that takes you to the strip.

We've stayed at the Orleans and don't consider it a "dump", but we don't have a budget that allows us to have the Aria as an option although I know from the property being new that it is a much nicer facility.

We are all different here so are going to offer different opinions, so we really need more from you to help you...do you have the budget for Aria? If so, then I do agree that the Aria is a better pick for you since you are willing and able to pay $200 per night for a hotel room.

Edited: 23 August 2011, 18:30
Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me choose hotel

Easy decision for me, The Orleans comped. Where are you staying the other days?

BTW, The Orleans is far from a dump, not even close. It's a lot nicer than some of the strip hotels.

United States
Level Contributor
21,574 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help me choose hotel

I would stay at Aria. I don't think I would visit Vegas and stay off-strip.