We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR: Bally's & GN (8/14 - 8/19) "like trying to herd cats!"

South Carolina
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
Save Topic
TR: Bally's & GN (8/14 - 8/19) "like trying to herd cats!"

On this 5 night trip, I spent 3 on the strip and the last 2 downtown. Two long-time girlfriends whom I hadn't seen in years joined me along with a newer girlfriend friend who has managed to join me on my last 6 Vegas trips. The combination of these women garnered mixed results. I will post the TR as replies.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,569 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,035 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
357 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR: Bally's & GN (8/14 - 8/19) "like trying to herd cats!"

Uh oh...mixed results? lmao Looking forward to reading, Mizz! :)

South Carolina
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: TR: Bally's & GN (8/14 - 8/19) "like trying to herd cats!"

Sunday, 8/14-

FLIGHT, CLT - LAS

An hour into my 2.5 hour drive to the Charlotte Airport, I get a recorded message call from Delta alerting me that my 5:30 pm flight had been cancelled and they have booked me on the 7:30 flight. Uggggh! However, I was happy again once I checked in and found they had bumped me to first class... yayyy!! "First class sittin next to Vanna White..." Sorry, Nelly lyrics. Anyway, a few cocktails and a short nap later, I found myself in FABULOUS LAS VEGAS!! It was around 11:30pm so I was very happy to see my luggage come out among the first on the carousel.

CAB

Since it was late on a Sunday, no cab line! Win! Didn't get tunneled and got to Bally's for just under 16 bucks. Another win!

CHECK-IN

Very short wait to check-in. For the first time, I tried the "$20 trick" and it worked as described. HOWEVER, be careful what you ask for or slip someone $20 for. They gave me a North Tower suite on the 25th floor which sounded great to me until I walked into it. It only had one king bed and I had 3 girlfriends joining me to share the room (for one nite only) in 2 days. And then the bathroom was just a bad layout. It had a hot tup instead of a tub, and it was so grungy... having really old dirt that cleaner didn't get out and old fixtures. I only take baths (not showers), so I knew this would not work for me. On top of this, the bathroom had mirrors everywhere and no door or separation from the bedroom/living area. The suite seemed suitable for honeymooners but not for me or my friends.

Since it was very late, I decided to just go to sleep and switch to a regular 2 queen bed room the next day.

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR: Bally's & GN (8/14 - 8/19) "like trying to herd cats!"

Can't wait for the rest!!!

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR: Bally's & GN (8/14 - 8/19) "like trying to herd cats!"

Looking forward to more!

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR: Bally's & GN (8/14 - 8/19) "like trying to herd cats!"

Something tells me this is going to be good!

South Carolina
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: TR: Bally's & GN (8/14 - 8/19) "like trying to herd cats!"

Monday, 8/15-

DAYTIME

I woke up and immediately phoned the front desk to request another room. They told me they would have one ready for me at 3 pm. This would be fine since I wanted to walk around and spend some time at the pool.

I went to the cafe and ate their cafe's buffet breakfast for $10.99 which was the same, in price and offerings, as the breakfast "buffet" at any Courtyard by Marriott. Now, the waitress here was not attentive at all. The folks at the table next to mine felt the same. It took a long time to flag her down to ask for hot sauce and then, I had to ask the manager to bring me my bill after waiting a while and not even catching sight of her.

The rest of the day was slow and uneventful. I went to the pool but didn't last long in the heat. (Vegas had their hottest heat wave of the summer that week... not a win.) I wanted to gamble but wasn't feeling it. Overall, I just felt tired and jet-lagged. I must be maturing (at 40 yrs of age) because this was a first for me to experience on my first day in Vegas.

I gathered up my luggage and went to the front desk to get the keys to my new room. I got a 2 queen room on the 23rd floor. I was psyched to get the 23rd floor, hoping it really was haunted as some eccentric reviewer had recently written on TA. I even considered buying some candles and maybe bells... you know, stuff ghosts like. The room was nice, clean, and much more suitable for my needs. I watched some Judge Joe Brown and laid down for a power nap, to rest up for a night of marathon gambling!

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,584 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TR: Bally's & GN (8/14 - 8/19) "like trying to herd cats!"

Ooooh was it spooky??

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TR: Bally's & GN (8/14 - 8/19) "like trying to herd cats!"

I even considered buying some candles and maybe bells... you know, stuff ghosts like.

rofl

I'm enjoying your report and looking forward to more :)

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
566 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TR: Bally's & GN (8/14 - 8/19) "like trying to herd cats!"

Can't wait to read the rest...

I think we had the exact room you're describing on one of our stays a few years ago... it was tiny and as much as I loved the person I was with, I needed some privacy from his "rituals"... ugh...

keep it coming!

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,584 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TR: Bally's & GN (8/14 - 8/19) "like trying to herd cats!"

Or bring an Ouija board!