We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your favorite hotel in Vegas

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Your favorite hotel in Vegas

Have you ever read the 'terrible' reviews here on tripadvisor on your favorite hotel.....ahahhahah very entertaining....

The Mirage:

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,026 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your favorite hotel in Vegas

All the time. It makes me laugh! My favorite hotel is Wynn and Encore. And my favorite reviews are the ones that say "everyone there was rude" and "their customer service is terrible!". I mean, I am always impressed with the staff, and when someone thinks "Everyone" was awful, I always suspect they need to look in the mirror to zero in on the problem!

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your favorite hotel in Vegas

Absolutely correct!!!

One person was complaining about how incredibly far the Mirage was from the strip.......seriously????? It's one of the closest!!! And the smoke....the dreadful smoke that seems to only be at THAT hotel and all stuck in their clothes..........good lord!

USA
Level Contributor
939 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your favorite hotel in Vegas

I sort of take individual reviews with a grain of salt. I do take more seriously a preponderance of negative or positive reviews on this and other sites. I am always mindful that:

1) complainers tend to write more reviews than satisfied customers...just the nature of the beast. And, complainers, whiners LOVE letting everyone know how much they hated something.

2) People have different priorities, particularly when it comes to properties in Las Vegas. Some people come for the pools so if they stay at NYNY, that will cloud their entire experience. Some people are focused on location, others on amenities. I am strictly a poker players, so a properties poker room may influence my judgement of a property. For me, as long as a property is safe, comfortable, clean and relatively convenient to the things I want to do...then I am going to have a positive opinion of the place.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
12,030 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your favorite hotel in Vegas

My favorite (so far) is the Luxor. You rarely hear anything good about the Luxor anymore, but I still love it. Will probably be staying there for part of my trip in October.

Bradford, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your favorite hotel in Vegas

Wynn is the best. I have had the best customer service there I've had anywhere in the world.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your favorite hotel in Vegas

Mine is Harrah's for price and proximity but I just checked my end-of-Oct reservation on TR and they've magically changed my non-smoking preference to smoking... makes me wonder how the rest of my trip is going to go.

Edited: 26 August 2011, 21:10
Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Your favorite hotel in Vegas

My favorites are the Wynn and Venetian. They used to send me comped rooms before, but no longer. I guess I'll never stay there again because I'm not a high roller.

KY
Level Contributor
404 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Your favorite hotel in Vegas

I've stayed at IP, Harrah's, Luxor, NYNY, Monte Carlo, and TI. My favorite is Monte Carlo and I just don't understand the lack of love for this place.

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your favorite hotel in Vegas

I'm a Palazzo girl. People complain about them all the time, but I don't care. The place makes me happy and that's all that matters. :)

Michigan
Level Contributor
7,222 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Your favorite hotel in Vegas

Cosmo is my favorite but I do like Palazzo at lot.