We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hollywood Hip Room at PH??

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Topic
Hollywood Hip Room at PH??

Upon arrival I will try to get an upgrade but I am not counting on it since it is the Sunday before Labor Day.

I was looking at the room descriptions more carefully on the site and it seems that this room doesnt come with a tub, hair dryer or fridge (which I knew). I am curious what other ammenties these rooms may be missing. Hair dryer I can bring...but was looking forward to the tub. And need to know what else to be prepared for. I suppose I could call and pay for an upgrade...but we are already on such a budget.

Thanks.

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hollywood Hip Room at PH??

I stayed in a Hollywood Hip room in February. Definitely had a stand alone tub, and i just called housekeeping for a blow dryer and they sent one up in minutes.

Just so you know the standing lamp has a switch that is actually on the floor (it is attached to the cord) that I found very difficult to use. It did not want to stay on at all, but the problem was I didn't step on it hard enough. They did bring up another lamp which was nice for the extra light.

I did ask for a strip view on checkin and had a room facing Mandalay Bay etc, if I wedged myself in the window I could see the fountains at Bellagio.

Make sure to stop in at Earl of Sandwich, and PF Chang's!

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hollywood Hip Room at PH??

Oh I am very excited about PF Changs LOL. I know that sounds dumb but we dont have one here and I LOVED it in Chicago. Earl will most certainly be a stop too!!

Thanks for letting me know about the room stuff. I am sure whatever room we have it will be just fine. I was thinking about just asking super sweetly for an upgrade to a room with a fridge. I dont know that the view matters much to me. If I am in the room I am usually laying in bed like a beached lazy whale. :)

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hollywood Hip Room at PH??

Our Hollywood Hip room had a tub, too. I don't use a hair dryer so I didn't notice. I don't think they give many free upgrades, but it never hurts to try for one if you want to. We faced Cosmo and could see the fountains to the side. The window was small so it wasn't real good for enjoying the view anyway. The room was OK. It was Lost in Space. The movie stuff tends to make the room a little crowded, but it's OK. You will be fine there. It's a good location and a nice mall is connected. Close to Paris, too. Enjoy your trip.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hollywood Hip Room at PH??

The tub was one of the best parts of the room. It was huge and I enjoyed soaking in it reading tabloid mags such as the US Weekly they had on the desk.

I can't remember if the hair dryer was attached to the wall...but it was probably stored somewhere. I have a short haircut so I didn't need it!

A couple pics of the room are in this set: flickr.com/photos/…

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hollywood Hip Room at PH??

LOL love the croc shot :)

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hollywood Hip Room at PH??

I had a hairdryer in the Hollywood Hip we stayed in the beginning of June. I just looked our pictures because I couldn't remember if it was attached to the wall or where it was. It was just sitting on the bathroom counter.

B

Pierre, South Dakota
Level Contributor
507 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hollywood Hip Room at PH??

Yes, the HH rooms DO have tubs. I spent a LOT of time in ours, as I became EXTREMELY ill after eating PF Changs, and was bed (or toilet/bath)ridden for about 36 hours of our 2nd trip. I've been back to Vegas twice since, but can't even wander near the PF Cahngs in Planet ho anymore, as even the smell makes me nauseous......and I'm a big fan of Chinese food who wanted to LOVE the place :( I can't say outright I got food poisoning there, but doing some research uposn my return, it seems at various times, several PF Changs around the nation have been closed for food-poisoning related issues. Regardless, its psychologically embedded in my brain that the place is evil, and my nose lets me know when I've wandered too close!!!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,269 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hollywood Hip Room at PH??

Pictures of the Hollywood Hip room from oyster.com:

oyster.com/las-vegas/…

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
134 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hollywood Hip Room at PH??

Once again this site rocks for information!

We wanted to try PH this time after exausting most other hotels and after seeing all the detailed pictures posted by btr-L8-thn-nv - I know the room will work for us.

Thanks for the help and next on my "to do" list today is book the room and air.

10. Re: Hollywood Hip Room at PH??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 06:18