We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woke up this morning in the 80's

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Woke up this morning in the 80's

Looking to see which bands are playing in September and thought I had stumbled into a UK 80's time warp:

On 30th September: Elton John, Duran Duran and Erasure are all in town. Will probably go and see Andy Bell and Vince Clarke at the Palms - now where is my shell suit and Flock of Seagulls wig? :-).

P.S. If you are interested, would recommend "Two Door Cinema Club" who are playing at the Hard Rock on 26 September - none of them born in the 80's, but a band that is very much on the up with a growing following in the UK.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Woke up this morning in the 80's

I would LOVE to wake up in the 80s!!! Not back in high school, mind you, but the late 80's, sometime about 88 or 89.

I think they know the people who are spending the money now (their targets for the market), are the age that would enjoy reliving their "glory days".

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
399 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Woke up this morning in the 80's

Waiting until October to see Judas Priest's last tour!! Have had the tickets since first day they went on sale.. Can't wait!! BTW, just how crazy is the HR when their is a name band playing in the joint? Anyone every see a band member in the hotel, or a restaurant before or after a concert?

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,927 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Woke up this morning in the 80's

They told you that acid was some bad stuff, but you wouldn't listen!

Sorry. You said 80's not 60's, lol.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Woke up this morning in the 80's

Can't believe we're just missing all these great 80s people. Mind you, Tears For Fears is there when we'll be there next month so I'm seriously getting tickets for them.

Oh to be the age I was in the 80s again!!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Woke up this morning in the 80's

Is there any easy way to do this search? We are going in October and I am dreading having to go on every hotel site and do a search.

How soon should I be checking; I already did somewhat but there is not much happening.

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Woke up this morning in the 80's

Saw Santana at HR. Venue handles the crowd very well.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Woke up this morning in the 80's

I used to listen Erasure all the time in high school...too bad we won't be there :( Have fun!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Woke up this morning in the 80's

Going to see Journey, Nightranger, and Foreigner Oct 8....EXCITED!!!! Love the 80s.

australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Woke up this morning in the 80's

list of las vegas concerts here

http://www.lvol.com/events/concerts.html

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
634 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Woke up this morning in the 80's

Oingo Boingo should reunite and play a Halloween show in Vegas.