We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ESTA Question

Lucan, Ireland
Level Contributor
104 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
ESTA Question

Hi we are due to fly out on Saturday.

The question i have is, My wife to be is a polish citizen and got a 10 year visa last year when we went to Florida. I am assuming she needs to do nothing else now she is travelling again to the US as the visa is still valid ??

I filled out ESTA last year for myself, do i need to do this again ??

Hope we havent left it too late if there is something we need to do?

Thanks

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,641 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,130 Reviews
from US$142.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
917 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Petts Wood, United...
Level Contributor
510 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ESTA Question

If you completed an ESTA for yourself then it is valid for 2 years from date of issue, so long as you have not had any criminal convictions in the mean time and you are returning before it's expiry date (2 years from its date of issue) this is shown on the ESTA.

I would not like to advise for your wife but I would think that she would be fine but would suggest a phone call to the US embassy to make sure you don't have any troubles.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ESTA Question

In your wife's case, ESTA is only required for visitors traveling using the Visa Waiver Program. If she requires a visa, ESTA isn't an issue.

In your case, an ESTA is valid for two years or until the passport it applies to expires, whichever occurs sooner. Providing you're using the same passport as when you applied for your ESTA last year, no need for any further action.

England, United...
Level Contributor
3,733 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ESTA Question

Your ESTA is fine as long as you haven't renewed your passport since getting it last year. If you have renewed your passport the ESTA will have expired with your old passport and you'd now have to get a new one.

Poland isn't part of the visa waiver program with the the USA, which is why your fiancee had to get a visa. From what you have said it sounds like it's still valid.

Lucan, Ireland
Level Contributor
104 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ESTA Question

Thanks for the quick replies.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
19 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ESTA Question

Hi there. My current free ESTA runs out whilst I am in the States next month. So (to be safe) I have been to the travel agents today to process a new one. (Not free this time but never mind!). The last time I filled one in for myself online I had to fill in the flight number and first night address of where I was staying. I was told today that that was now not necessary, which I found a bit odd. The person at the travel agents insisted that she was correct. Is she?

I can of course access the information myself online to add this, but I have been told that I can only change this information once. Is this why I don't have to have the information filled in now?

Ballyclare, United...
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ESTA Question

Just got ours last week and still had to input hotel & flight details. As long as you have a printed copy that says approved you'll be ok.

mpo

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ESTA Question

I also have an Esta valid till 2012 but I changed flightnumbers and our first address for our this years visit just to be sure. It's free of charge.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
19 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ESTA Question

Thank you both for the replies. I have been approved, and just to be safe I will go back online and enter the flight number s etc.

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: ESTA Question

That info has always been optional, but it is advisable to do so.

It does not matter that your ESTA expires while you are in the US, it is the date you depart that counts.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
19 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ESTA Question

Thank you on that but I doublechecked and it actually runs out one day before I depart this time! So I had to do a new one anyway.