We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Multi Centre holiday - Orlando - Vegas

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
728 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Multi Centre holiday - Orlando - Vegas

Has anyone from the UK done this - Orlando/Las Vegas? Just wondered if the internal flight detracted from the holiday or added to it - taking up too much time etc.

many thanks

Jan

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Multi Centre holiday - Orlando - Vegas

We were thinking of doing that next year but decided on just Vegas again.

The Internal flights didnt bother us as we did it from LA-Vegas etc and it wasnt a problem, however we just thought 1. FAR too much spending money needed 2. We would be shattered and prob need another holiday it lol too much to see and do in both places, no time to rest!!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,075 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Multi Centre holiday - Orlando - Vegas

Not done Vegas/Orlando but I'm doing Vegas/Florida (Tampa Airport) later this year.

Remember you will lose 3 hours due to the different time zones which effectively means you lose the full day allowing for check in at LV airport etc.

I wouldn't see cost as the major issue and as long as you get a direct flight I don't see it as a major issue - just depends on what you want to do on holiday.

TomC

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Multi Centre holiday - Orlando - Vegas

Hi

I do 2 center holidays each year, sometimes drive, sometimes fly.

If I was doing Florida/Nevada I would buy an open jaw as in, into Orlando out Las Vegas. I would then look at buying an internal flight, which would most probably be with Southwest. This airline allows 2 free bags which is helpful for overseas visitors. Also the bonus of paying for earlybird check in. When you buy this ($10) you do not need to find a computor at the check in time. Handy when you are out and about. You can then just print boarding passes at the airport.

Clive

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Multi Centre holiday - Orlando - Vegas

Clive...I was just getting ready to post that anyone considering flying from Vegas to Florida be sure and check Southwest Airlines for your internal (we call them domestic) flights.

You can fly from Vegas to Tampa, Orlando, Ft Lauderdale/Miami, and Jacksonville nonstop. One negative for some people is that you don't have assigned seats, but that isn't an issue for us since we are only on the plane a couple hours out of our lives. LOL

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Multi Centre holiday - Orlando - Vegas

Hi

TopekaDucky I flew with Southwest for the first time this year SAN/LAS. Was very impressed for a so called "budget" airline. Try our so called "budget" as in Easyjet or Ryanair and there is no comparison. Nothing free on the flight at all, small seat pitch and a full rugby scrum to board!!! Also bring your sunglasses as the plane's are fitted out in either bright orange or blue and yellow.

But I am a glutton for punishment and in 3 weeks time I have a flight booked to Rhodes (greek island) with Ryanair. 4.5 hours from London.

Clive

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Multi Centre holiday - Orlando - Vegas

Well we sometimes have no choice since the consumer can only afford what our budget allows...just remember that the flight is a small part of your day (and your life), and you will endure! LOL

Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Multi Centre holiday - Orlando - Vegas

I am off to Vegas for seven nights then our house in Ormond Beach Florida for just over two weeks. Flying from Heathrow to LV with BA WTP. Then LV to Orlando with AA (flight using our AA points so sum total of £3.20). We then fly home from MCO to LGW with BA WT.

We have done two three and four centre holidays in the past and the journey is part of the holidayto me :-)

Diana

uk
Level Contributor
728 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Multi Centre holiday - Orlando - Vegas

Sounds good to me - just I have DH with me - the brother of Victor Meldrew I hasten to add !

Thanks for the info - will read and, digest x

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Multi Centre holiday - Orlando - Vegas

We are doing Orlando for 10 nights then on to Vegas for 4 nights In June. I have booked BA Gatwick to Orlando, flights back from Vegas to Heathrow. I'm waiting to book internal flights with Southwest but they haven't been released for June as yet.

It would be good to hear how you get on.

uk
Level Contributor
728 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Multi Centre holiday - Orlando - Vegas

Here is how I got on Blueshell - Just booked an hour ago

Fly to Vegas with Virgin on the 20th November- stay at the Luxor with free Hop on/off - bus/monorail and a FREE Hoover Dam trip. Three days later fly with US Airlines to Orlando via Pheonix - stay at the Pointe Orlando for 7 nights then return on the 30th November with Virgin back to Manchester. We could have flown the day before on a non Virgin flight but, with a stop over - opted to pay a little more for the direct flights.

All in all happy with our itinary and, the price we paid - $45 resort fee to pay in Vegas also.

Were told that we may have to pay on the internal flight for luggage about $23 per case, she said it all depends on the check in staff on the day - unless you all know different : )

Just have to sort out Universal/Disney tickets now and, car parking at this end.