We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Show.. Lion King or Beatles Love ??

Lucan, Ireland
Level Contributor
104 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
What Show.. Lion King or Beatles Love ??

Ok so not long to go now.. Leaving in 4 days VERY EXCITED !!

So we have all the wedding plans done. Having dinner in our hotel the Mirage and want to go to a show after. Open to suggestions but was thinking The Lion King or The Beatles Love.

I see the tickets for The Beatles have a summer discount but I cant seem to book them from Ireland ??

Does the Lion King have similar deals ?

How far is the Maldalay Bay from the Mirage ??

Again if there is another show (comedy/magic etc i should consider please let me know)

Thanks in advance.

USA
Level Contributor
939 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What Show.. Lion King or Beatles Love ??

Mandalay Bay is on the FAR south end of the strip...Mirage is at the far north end...so it is as far as you can get darn near.

I have not seen The Lion King...but have seen most other major shows and LOVE is my very favorite. It is a great show...and it is in the Mirage so convenient...a virtual no brainer unless you hate the Beatles.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What Show.. Lion King or Beatles Love ??

The shows are so radically different that it comes down to your own personal taste in entertainment. I'd personally choose LOVE in a heartbeat. I've seen it twice and loved it both times but then again I'm one of the few people who were pretty underwhelmed by The Lion King. Most people enjoy it. Bear in mind that there are other productions of The Lion King around the world but LOVE is unique to Vegas.

If you're having problems buying tickets online try calling the box office. They'll almost certainly honor any offer you're trying to use.

Brighton
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What Show.. Lion King or Beatles Love ??

You can always see The Lion King in London - LOVE is an amazing show. Cirque have deals on their website and, if you can't book online, just ring and book over the phone.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What Show.. Lion King or Beatles Love ??

Definitely see LOVE!

CA
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What Show.. Lion King or Beatles Love ??

I liked LOVE but did not love it. But then again I am not a show person. Saw Lion King also and liked it and that was a surprise. Love is more vegassy and closer for you go with that.

Ingatestone, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What Show.. Lion King or Beatles Love ??

I agree - we saw Love a couple of years ago - excellent! I'd recommend that over the Lion King.

I managed to book tickets online from the UK with no problems via the Mirage website... what problem are you getting when you try? It's not a 'Locals Only' offer, is it?

Ohio
Level Contributor
7,339 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What Show.. Lion King or Beatles Love ??

Both Lion King and Love are great shows but completely different types.

Lion King is Broadway show and Love is Cirque du Soleil.

Best advice is to look at clips of both of them on youtube or the hotel sites and then decide.

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What Show.. Lion King or Beatles Love ??

You'll already be at Mirage, possibly in love (are you the lucky one getting married?), and, 'nuff said. LOVE all the way. Youtube clips do not do justice to shows any more than seeing a picture of chocolate cake in a Betty Crocker magazine indicates how it will taste. Go to LOVE and hang out in Revoluton bar afterwards.

Lucan, Ireland
Level Contributor
104 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What Show.. Lion King or Beatles Love ??

The error I am getting is "State" Then when i got by that it wouldnt except the credit card. I have contacted the Mirage and they have told me they don't do the summer offer on a Monday and Thursday which is really disappointing as thats my wedding night and don't think we would have the money to fork out for full price. I did find some tickets for summer offer on the 5th but can't remember where i found them now Grrrrrr

Any Ideas

Boston...
Level Contributor
400 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What Show.. Lion King or Beatles Love ??

Where do I need to sit for Love?

What should I expect to pay?

I need to go on the first Sunday in December-would you advise first or 2nd show.

I love the Beatles-so I am sure I will enjoy it. Anything I should do to be in the right mood for the show...probably overthinking it, but I am not big on droping $100+ on a show. As I get older, I am even less thrilled about paying $100 or so for a major concert...but I get a feeling this will be worth it.