We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wicked spoon buffet

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
widnes
Level Contributor
97 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
wicked spoon buffet

staying in Vagas for a few nights in September, want to do a good buffet, wynn, belagio and wicked spoon seem to appear reg as the better ones?. price wise they are ok for us. eat all food types, partner into deserts. from the above, wynn=A, bellagio=B and WS=C. which order do you place them in,,,,, ps staying at the Signature. thanks now for any replies.. uk couple/late 50's

widnes
Level Contributor
97 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wicked spoon buffet

oooops i meant wooden spoon, not wicked. sorry.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,948 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wicked spoon buffet

Wynn and Bellagio are normally considered to be the "high end" of traditional Las Vegas buffets.

Wicked Spoon, in the Cosmopolitan, takes a different approach with many items presented in individual serving containers and IMHO, somewhat more sophisticated ingredients & cooking style.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
14,612 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: wicked spoon buffet

I wouldn't know where to rank the WS because I've never been there. As far as the Wynn and Bellagio, I really can't say one is better than the other. They are both great and the only other variable you could plug in to help decide would be the ambience, wait in line time, service.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
378 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wicked spoon buffet

I have eaten at all three, and most recently at Wynn and Wicked Spoon. If you can only eat at one buffet, definitely choose Wynn. Worth every penny IMO. The steamed king crab legs were delicious, good selection of sushi, a variety of delicious hot soups, huge pile of peel and eat shrimp, the prime rib was excellent. Salads were freshly prepared. The dessert table was amazing!!!! Freshly made crepes, lots of little cakes, dessert cups, the gelato selection was superb too. Dipped marshmallows on a stick, candied apples, and much more!

I personally had a very bad experience at Wicked Spoon. It was pricey and did not compare to Wynn (and I know Bellagio has a great buffet too, but we did not try it out last trip a couple of weeks ago.) The king crab legs were baked I believe, making them dry and bitter tasting. The korean beef ribs people rave about were fatty and tough. The sushi selection was non existent and only consisted of a mediocre Calif. roll. There was only one soup selection. The peeled shrimp was served in a little metal pan (2 shrimp per serving sitting on top of the seafood sauce). The dessert bar seemed to hold more promise, but I was disappointed in that too. The chocolate dipped strawberries were fine, as was the good selection of gelatos, but that was it. It took a long while before we met our drink server, and he was missing in action quite a bit. Our glasses were empty and by the time he refilled, I was done eating!

We were there on a Sunday night at 6:00 and there was NO ONE in line...I think that says something. If we were at Bellagio or Wynn, there would have been at least a 30 minute wait to pay and get seated. This is a personal opinion, based on my experience 2 weeks ago. I know Wicked Spoon is rated highly on TA, that's why I tried it, so maybe that is something you will have to do yourself and not rely too much on what other people have to say about it.

Jersey UK
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wicked spoon buffet

Hi

not tried any of these as dont do many buffets

but the RIO has always been a very good one,

good night at the rio as well with free entertainment

mims

Jersey UK
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wicked spoon buffet

Hi

sorry forgot we did the Wyn for breakfast and it was very good worth a visit.

mims

widnes
Level Contributor
97 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wicked spoon buffet

thankyou 4 your posts

Benbrook, Texas
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wicked spoon buffet

I have not been to The Wicked Spoon yet, but have been to the buffets at Bellagio and Wynn and those two are equal in my opinion. I will be going to The Wicked Spoon on my next trip in about a month.

Try all 3 buffets when you are there :)

widnes
Level Contributor
97 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wicked spoon buffet

i'd like to return to england about the same weight LOL might try 2 buffets while in vagas

St Helens, Great...
Level Contributor
89 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: wicked spoon buffet

Please let us know how you find them.

I will be going in November, we've been looking into the best buffet for a while now would love a local (Widnes not vegas) opinion.